Friday, November 11, 2005



Can I Do It One-Handed?

Type? Well, I tried. I really did. But I think faster than I type anyway, and my thoughts need to be expressed. Logic would say don't type...

Drive? Yes. Badly.

Lift boxes? I admit that I probably shouldn't...and anyway they called Leigh in to be my lackey. Heh heh.

Eat Cheetos? Try doing this left handed when you can't use the thumb much...and then you can't easily wash the hand so the fingers are still orange. Yeah.

Reassemble an engine? No! Wait, I could never do that.

Take pictures? Yeah, although I can't get steady enough for a good close-up.

Play with the boxcutters? Yes, of course. Hey, I hate being on the floor. I like being in the back, no one yells at me when I talk to myself.

Throw balls while balancing? "Did you do the rebounder? Oh, I forgot. Hand." "Yes, hand." "Can't you do it with one hand?" "My aim's bad enough with two!"

Be my irrepressible if slightly clumsy self? Can't you tell?

12 Comments:

At 11/11/2005 09:17:00 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Who washes their fingers after eating Cheetos? My kids just lick them clean. . .

Hope it's healing - and please don't let it get infected!!!

 
At 11/11/2005 09:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep them clean, those things will come out in no time!
i'm left handed.

 
At 11/12/2005 12:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its amazing what you CAN do with one hand...

Though I had to get help doing my bra up - that is hard with only one hand!!

 
At 11/12/2005 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

I was wondering how you were going to be able to handle work.

 
At 11/12/2005 01:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owieeee! Please take care of yourself.

Hmmm, I don't think I could fly left handed. In the left seat, I can handle the yoke left handed, but I need my right hand for the throttles.

I can shoot left handed and pretty well, but much slower than two handed or right handed.

I hope you heal quickly!

 
At 11/12/2005 01:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It only take one hand to eat lucky charms, and one pair of lips to kiss that baby, so you have nothing to worry about.

 
At 11/12/2005 01:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I just had an after thought, or perhaps it's more of a concern ~ You can't be picking your nose while you're blogging anymore. Drat! I'd hate that.

 
At 11/12/2005 09:18:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

You could get a job as a one armed bandit!

 
At 11/12/2005 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I am amazed at how much you can do one-handed but glad that you still are your normal, wonderful, irrepressible self!

 
At 11/12/2005 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Pusher said...

I know tomorrow we could tie up one hand in support of nettie. We can call it nettie day.

 
At 11/13/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

You're irrepressible? Who knew?

My dad's mom, a natural right-hander, lost her right arm to amputation after an accident--as an adult--and learned to do almost everything left-handed (and of course, one-handed): peel vegetables with a butcher knife (she'd hold the knife under her right "stump" and use her left hand to turn the veggie around next to the blade; or maybe it was the other way around, holding the veggie under her stump...I forget--but she was amazing), write, type, and even tie her shoes.

 
At 11/13/2005 01:24:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

You're irrepressible? Who knew?

I knew! ;)

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home