Wednesday, November 02, 2005



Candeeeee

Wouldn't have been my first choice to go to Wal-Mart on Halloween. But Harmony tells me to go buy candy "for the kids" and Bath and Body Works is paying, who am I to argue? Especially when I can pick out the good stuff. Somehow by ten today, all the chocolate had disappeared. Wonder what kids ate all that?

Poor Cameron, though. He doesn't care much about costumes but if Karen let him he'd devour all the candy he got. "Take all the peanut M&Ms you want, I'll have more next week." Well, since I'm talented enough to eat them and do my exercises at the same time.

Maybe it's a reward. After all, since I had to drive Janna around yesterday, wasn't I entitled to their leftover candy? I was only going to take a few pieces. Really. But she handed me a Wal-Mart bag and told me to go trick-or-treating. Hey, an order's an order.

Peppermint patties, and Reese's, and Tootsie Roll Pops, and pieces of Juicy Fruit so big they make your jaw hurt. Airheads that are actually sour, Baby Ruths, Now and Laters, Teddy Grahams, Laffy Taffy, orange Oreos, Snickers, Sweet Tarts, Whoppers.....no wonder I'm in such a good mood.

11 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 03:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love buying halloween, some many choices. i usually buy at least four or five different things to shell out, this year, we ate all the caramels before halloween, and i had to buy more, for the special person who was shelling out that night;)

 
At 11/03/2005 04:07:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Eugene, take your personal "issues" elsewhere.

 
At 11/03/2005 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I hate having all the left over candy within reach. I mean, I don't even like candy corn - yet my hand reaches for it every time I pass the bowl. What the heck is that all about? I mean, other than a lack of self-control, obviously. Wierd.

 
At 11/03/2005 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Why were the Airheads sour? Was someone telling blonde jokes?

 
At 11/03/2005 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Mmmmmm....caaaannndddyyyy (said in the voice of Homer Simpson)

Nettie...you have a sugar high now and bouncing off the walls?

 
At 11/04/2005 02:15:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Nettie, I love your inner child! I'll bet you'll trick or treat at 80 and still give life a whirl.

 
At 11/04/2005 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Peppermint patties, and Reese's, and Tootsie Roll Pops.

These are a few of my favorite things!

 
At 11/04/2005 09:08:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love candy. I loved it more when we used to take our baby goddaughters trick or treating, and then their parents let them each have two pieces of candy and sent them off to bed while the 4 of us pigged out on their stash!!!

 
At 7/20/2006 05:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bay area professional carpet cleaners site.
Good luck!

 
At 7/20/2006 07:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a basketball recruiting site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/21/2006 07:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bath body works site.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home