Sunday, October 30, 2005



Look I'm Psychic!

Yes, dear ones, I shall now predict at the hour of twelve-thirty (if you've changed your clocks) what I will be thinking and feeling six hours from now! It's a post into the future! Watch in awe.

I am doing this for the boy. The boy who is only six months old and is not going to remember, much less care, who came to his baptism. But we are loving and doting aunts so we go for him. And because the family would kill us if we didn't.

It's only six in the morning. I should be in bed sleeping. Or at least pretending. And it's cold. I must be getting old because I can't stand the cold. Or perhaps when you make me get out of my bed at this hour I just get a little cranky.

And whose brilliant idea was it for us to leave today instead of yesterday? Something about how Janna and I had to work. Like driving for four hours isn't work. She better drive. I'm already asleep.

Hope everyone remembered to change their clocks. It always messes with my head and I will probably be flooring it down 85 an hour off. Happy Halloween and all that too. I myself will be going as a Bath and Body Works employee.

I love this child. I sped through the highways of Georgia once already to meet him. But I never figured when he was born ten days after my birthday that I would again at thirty degrees and six thirty in the morning. But I must take pictures. Witness this glorious event in his young life. He will probably cry. As I'm sitting there wondering if I should too.

17 Comments:

At 10/30/2005 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Yes, you should cry--and I predict you will.

I set my clock ahead. But of course, whenever we change time, it messes with my head, too--and no matter which way we move the clocks, I always end up staying up later.

And you're not old--I'd go with the "cranky" explanation instead.

 
At 10/30/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

OK, I meant to say "I set my clock back"--which is what I did.

 
At 10/30/2005 03:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes you should cry and take lots of pictures and he will remember this day, cuz you are going to keep talking to him about it and showing him the pictures and it is worth getting up at this ungodly hour and driving just to do it for him. happy halloween, i myself plan on being a mom shelling out candy, how's that for a stretch?

 
At 10/30/2005 03:48:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

You're definitely not getting old...Look at me----once rain comes in, my back goes out!

Now that the clocks are turned back---this is my theory- and reason why ***I*** am getting old.

It starts to get dark at 5pm, right? Reason to go out and get the early bird special at your favorite restaurant without it 'feeling' so early! YAY!

I wonder if I can get the senior citizen discount....hmmmmm....

 
At 10/30/2005 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Happy Baptism Day, Austin!

Your auntie must love you very, very much to venture out at this time of day and in this kind of weather!

 
At 10/30/2005 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I set the clocks back too, but had I not looked at the calendar for some reason last night around 9pm, I would not have seen the little picture of the clock saying that daylight savings time ended (I think that's what it said)...then I wouldn't have remembered. Thankfully I did.

 
At 10/30/2005 08:00:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Excuse me (clears throat) that should read "Our birthday."

 
At 10/30/2005 11:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to change clocks???

Signed, Zulu Time Alice

 
At 10/31/2005 04:46:00 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Six in the morning? I'd be crying, too...

 
At 10/31/2005 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I am going to post a comment on this future post after it happens.

 
At 10/31/2005 10:47:00 PM, Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

AWE!!! What a great Auntie! Hope you made it there safely. Happy Halloween, bath lady.

 
At 11/01/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

You're the best Aunt! I hope your sister appreciates you for that.

 
At 11/01/2005 06:54:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I discovered that I had set all my clocks back except the one in the car. Now I have to figure out how to do it again.

I know that thirty degrees and six thirty in the morning are hard to live with but the baptism must have been worth it. Aren't you glad that you have a sweet little angel in your life? Don't worry about crying, it's the spirit touching you. I cry too.

 
At 11/01/2005 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I forgot to change our clocks, but our cable box and cell phones changes automatically. So, we didn't even really notice the change. Arg! Fall back is my fourth favorite holiday. And this year, I missed it!

 
At 2/12/2006 01:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Can you send me some more details; to my email please???I
loved the functionality of your web site and want to know more...

online big money earn product

 
At 7/20/2006 05:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a baton rouge technology jobs
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/21/2006 07:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bath body works site.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home