Saturday, October 15, 2005



20 Things- About Me, Naturally

Cori specifically invited me to do this meme- not that I need an excuse, anyway.

1. I love music and getting new songs makes me really happy. I'm somewhat picky about what I like but I don't apologize for it.
2. Despite the lack of it here, I love snow and dream of a white Christmas.
3. I really have no coordination and the list of things my managers have forbidden me to touch is growing.
4. I consider myself to have fairly decent computer skills, the ones I've taught myself anyway.
5. Silence drives me crazy but sometimes I think I could use a little more of it.
6. When I'm stressed I like to drive around aimlessly for a time and see where I end up. I think it comes of getting lost so much.
7. My food cravings aren't usually for sugar but rather fruit or protein. Obviously I don't eat enough of either.
8. Sometimes I'm convinced I really am getting old. I never used to get sick on rides (all right, everywhere else).
9. Maturation has brought me closer to my sisters. Janna is three years older and we always fought; our shared strange sense of humor binds us now. And Melissa, thirty- I have never seen her look so beautiful as when her son was born.
10. People tell me I can do anything I want to. I just wish I knew what that was.
11. I don't care anymore if I'm always talking about my job, cause it has brought me so much I never would have thought of.
12. Going to Europe was an unforgettable experience, and I'd love the chance to just wander all over it- Italy, Germany, Austria, the Ukraine, Poland, Ireland- and see what tourists usually don't.
13. I'll never be anything more than an amateur photographer but I enjoy trying to capture things.
14. Despite my firm belief in justice and people getting what's coming to them in this world and the next, I'm anti-death penalty.
15. If you earn my loyalty, there's little I won't do for you. But if you break it...
16. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit rocks my world, but I don't like Criminal Intent and only tolerate the original.
17. Harvey's name just came to me and I really don't know why. But everyone knows who he is and that makes him happy.
18. My eighteenth year was the best of my life.
19. Random things make me laugh, usually my own thoughts going in directions I can't explain.
20. I will never give up blogging cause I love this audience too much. And it has inspired me to new heights of creativity (interpret that as you will).

15 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

For whatever part I've played in inspiring you to "new heights of creativity", I am glad, 'cause I can't imagine the blogosphere without your unique talent and spirit.

 
At 10/15/2005 09:28:00 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Ok, now I'm a little curious about year 18. What made that the best year yet?

 
At 10/15/2005 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Amigo said...

Against the death penalty? Oh the humanity!

 
At 10/16/2005 12:56:00 AM, Blogger Cori said...

Yours was very insightful. My answers compared look like sesame street.(I am not comparing us but our writing) You are also a beautiful writer.

 
At 10/16/2005 05:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your insight.

Europe is a cool place.

I have two older brothers!

SVU is cool. Did you see the one with the girl on the phone with Benson? Whoa...heavy.

You are one of the best bloggers. I love your site.

Alice - back from Wonderland.

 
At 10/16/2005 07:44:00 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love music too. I hate snow!!! But then again we have loads of it here every year. I can't stand Silence either. I always have something on. How nice growing up has brought you closer to your sisters! I would love the chance to go to Europe. I love being an amateur photographer. I am glad that you will keep blogging!

 
At 10/16/2005 01:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the snow at christmas too, we get snow here, but we usually don't get it until after christmas, doesn't seem fair. great job on your list.

 
At 10/16/2005 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

For whatever part Jeff H. played in inspiring you to "new heights of creativity", I am glad, 'cause I can't imagine the blogosphere without your unique talent and spirit.

 
At 10/16/2005 05:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

guess what, i just tagged you too!

 
At 10/16/2005 05:57:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Its nice to know a little more about you! :)

GBYA

 
At 10/16/2005 08:00:00 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Nettie: I loved your answers, it gave us a glimpse into your soul.

I am glad you'll always be blogging, as I have a feelling I will be, too. Perhaps we can grow old together doing this (although I can't even remember my 18th year, so I think I'm ALREADY old!).

 
At 10/16/2005 09:06:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

and I love ya too babe :)

 
At 10/16/2005 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Hey Girl!!! Love your post!

 
At 10/16/2005 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Joe, originality is obviously one of your strong suits.

Perhaps I might suggest a new tailor, though...

 
At 10/20/2005 01:37:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I can't imagine the blogosphere without your unique talent and spirit.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home