Wednesday, October 12, 2005



Bored at the Fair

My third time here already and it's getting old. But I found the cable place and they have the 'Net. Heh heh. I should be over at the Republican booth but there's too many people there already and they took all the chairs. I'll go back eventually. In the meantime, a summary:

Sights: It's Senior Citizen Day. Although my campaign manager denies it, our primary opponent Andre has cuter stickers. The Dems have this hilarious fan-mask thing of our State Treasurer- that's why you go into politics, to get your face on a fan. I saw an old high school friend of mine at the Stand Up for Life place. They just turned Casper on where I am now.

Sounds: J.K. said he was going to end up in an argument with someone. I told him he should, I was bored of listening to the stupid dancing cats singing about 911 in the community cop booth across. And Deputy Bill, the puppet who comes on Saturday mornings- oh, joy. There's some church band a few down, mostly tambourines. And a random merchant dude who keeps yelling, "Candy!"

Smells: We're situated next to this salsa maker guy who keeps chopping onions. I haven't been to see the animals yet- all those bunnies and cows and horses in one building. J.K. said he didn't want to smell like the fanimals.

Tastes: I ate two hours ago and I'm already hungry again. I can't remember the last time I had a corn dog. I had an elephant ear the other day with Janna and oh, the fried buttery sugary goodness. And the candy apples- who cares if I get 'em all over my face? They have blue raspberry.

Feelings: Was about to fall asleep if I sat there any longer. Same with the log cabin lady I'm currently next to, who has a laptop. I want one. But I amused the cable guy who came and read over my shoulder, he said to come buy cake. And I have decided men are lucky, there's never lines to their restrooms. My knees hurt cause I'm standing here but at least I'm not bored anymore.

13 Comments:

At 10/12/2005 08:17:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

If you'd ever ventured into a men's public restroom, you'd know why there's no line to get in there.

 
At 10/12/2005 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

Did the onions not make you cry-hence the sense?

 
At 10/12/2005 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

I don't know which is worse, the smell of onions or the smell of democrats! blahhhh! hehehe! :)

Log cabin ladies are niceeeeee!

Have fun at the fair, bring me back a corndog. Haven't had one of those in years!

 
At 10/13/2005 03:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do eat some weird things - especailly strange animals and the like - corn dogs and elephant's ears... ha ha

and our rasperries are pinky purple - don't get them blue! Obviously wrong sort of climate in Wales!!!

 
At 10/13/2005 09:36:00 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Have fun. And try not to get elected. Wait that didn't come out right.

 
At 10/13/2005 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Natalia said...

One of the universities where I teach is 90% men. I never have to wait in line at the restrooms :) Love it!

-N

 
At 10/13/2005 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my daughter wants a laptop too and i've never had a corn dog.

 
At 10/13/2005 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

mmmm..... Corn dogs.

 
At 10/13/2005 01:34:00 PM, Blogger Amigo said...

What kind of food is an elephant ear?

And why is blue considered the color of raspberries? The things come red, yellow and (I think)dark purple.

 
At 10/13/2005 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love corn dogs! I haven't had an elephants ear but I have heard of them and would love to try them.

 
At 10/13/2005 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That was a great post. I haven't been to the fair in a while. I do love corn dogs. I have been in a men's washroom, I snuck a peek once and saw someone I shouldn't have. Maybe I'll blog it.

 
At 10/13/2005 08:46:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Darlene, if you peeked into a "men's washroom", you still don't know what I'm talking about.

There ain't NO "washing" going on in there...

 
At 10/13/2005 09:08:00 PM, Blogger BethInPortland said...

Hey, I put I link on my blog to yours:) Hope that is flattering and not annoying.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home