Saturday, June 05, 2004



Goodbye, Mr. President

I was trying not to let the novelty of this make me post so much, but I have to. Ronald Reagan is dead. That sucks. I did a report on Alzheimer's once and read his letter. Sure, it had been coming for a long time, but it's still sad. Even if I don't agree with his wife's position on stem cell research, and even if I'm too young to remember his presidency. He accomplished a lot in his lifetime, like surviving an assasination attempt. "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall." He was a very influential man; I guess this is my little memorial to him. His funeral is in Washington, and lots of important people from all over the world will be there. Even though at the end he didn't know anybody (a pretty safe assumption in late-stage Alzheimer's; there wasn't a whole lot of info coming out of their camp), there's always grief after someone dies. I just read an article earlier today that it might be weeks or months; I guess not. Long may he be remembered.

1 Comments:

At 6/06/2004 06:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jennifer Lopez, for overshadowing this tragedy with another one of your romantic foibles. When will people stop caring already?

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home