Monday, September 19, 2005



It's John Sununu

Don't feel bad, I didn't know who he was either until I made fifty million phone calls inviting people to RSVP for the reception he had with my candidate Mike Campbell. I don't know why I like to go to these things- even though they're free for me, the food's never that great and I'm not really a mingler. But hey, I get to meet famous-y people- I got a picture with Governor Sununu, but I look really horrible and I am not putting it up. How bout some pictures of pretty things instead?



For those of you who haven't figured out from your Site Meters where I live yet- this isn't it. We were in historic Charleston, first capital of the state, where the first shots of the Civil War were fired, and all that. I had a hard time framing this pink building, but the mist was just right at that moment.




I was wandering around for a good hour before the function officially started, looking at stuff. That's Fort Sumter off in the distance.



After the speeches, my friends and I were exploring the huge old house. I wish we'd discovered the roof earlier, with more light, cause the pictures don't do the view justice. It was amazing up there.

14 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 01:47:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

See if you can tear yourself away from the altar of Sununu worship long enough to answer my meme tag. I blame Valerie.

 
At 9/20/2005 06:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Sununu?

Oh, you mean the War of Northern Aggression? Was it PGT Beauregard, who commanded the attack?

Nice pics.

Alice

 
At 9/20/2005 09:52:00 AM, Blogger D said...

Hair Extension!! thats the term I was looking for!

I read your entry about what to do with you hair... why dont you try hair-extension?? :) Just an idea, i think its fun!!

and we're online at the same time again. cool!

 
At 9/20/2005 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Nettie: Don't believe Jeff - he really could have declined (so much for personal responsibility!).

 
At 9/20/2005 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

These are great shots you took! Very nice!

 
At 9/20/2005 03:16:00 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Beautiful pics! I love them

 
At 9/20/2005 03:16:00 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

Beautiful pics! I love them

 
At 9/20/2005 04:38:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

I visited there once and enjoyed it.

 
At 9/20/2005 06:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job on the pics, good thing you said where they were, i would never has guessed it

 
At 9/21/2005 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

I love your pictures, have always wanted to go to Charleston...actually hope one day I will be able to.

That is wonderful you are involved, I volunteered last year online, but no one contacted me. I was somewhat relieved, only because I am sick, but was hoping to help in some way.

When I was younger I used to be the one serving the drinks at a few campaign functions....enjoyed it very much and it was fun too. Was connected with the commitee that was in charge of those type of things.

 
At 9/21/2005 12:58:00 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

P.S. Those meters are not just right, because mine shows another city where my number is connected to with the DSL, so I know they are not accurate. Just extra info here! (smiling)

 
At 9/21/2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Ditto what Jeff said.

I love the pics. I love trip pics. I even like Sununu.

 
At 9/21/2005 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Cori said...

It looks amazing up there. very pretty!

 
At 9/21/2005 02:16:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I like the first photo. The tree is so cool. I noticed it's leaning over to peek in every window of the house.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home