Thursday, July 28, 2005



Storms Suck

It must have been really bad if they shut down Wal-Mart. Apparently the Wal-Mart was struck by lightning and the cash registers were down and they made everyone leave. It's one thing when poor Harvey couldn't get any gas, again. Hey, it's not MY fault the gas station got struck and you couldn't pump. And when the banks' computers were offline (cable TV worked, though), and I couldn't get my balance. I guess that's what I get for not balancing my checkbook better.

But I never thought they could take down Wal-Mart. After all, it's the world-wide behemoth. I thought nothing could kill Wal-Mart. I drove out of the parking lot, waited in an eternal line since no one would let me in, and went off with my faith in Wal-Mart shattered. I could've been like a fox and said sour grapes, I didn't want to do my errands anyway. But I soldiered on, a little sadder, and a little wiser. Cause after all, nothing is infallible, right?

And as a side note, I've got some stuff going on- my middle sister graduating, seeing Austin, etc.- that may keep me from being as active as usual. But I tried to go without blogging and it drove me nuts after barely twenty-four hours. So look for my snark and if I'm not around, well, I'm sure you'll find ways to amuse yourselves anyway.

16 Comments:

At 7/29/2005 12:53:00 AM, Blogger John said...

You are a wee battler Nettie, may be, its Wal-Mart's punishment for closing down the 'Dating' programme! :)

Enjoy your time away, you will be missed!

GBYAY

 
At 7/29/2005 06:45:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I'm going over to Wal-Mart to twiddle my thumbs until your return.

 
At 7/29/2005 09:28:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I predict WalMart will soon come out with weather control technology to avert such disasters in the future.

 
At 7/29/2005 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I'll miss you while you're busy and not blogging.

 
At 7/29/2005 04:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you enjoy your family time this weekend, kisses to your little austin!

 
At 7/29/2005 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I'm back. Yippee.

And I love storms to death. Storms are my absolute favorite. Love 'em.

 
At 7/30/2005 12:47:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

Weird about Wal-Mart. Shouldn't they have lightening rods or something?

 
At 7/30/2005 12:57:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Lightning rods, backup generators: essential for WalMart's continued dominance of the retail world.

 
At 7/30/2005 02:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Walmart may be controlling the weather to enhance their stock options.

Congratulations to your sister.

Alice

 
At 7/30/2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

If Walmarts not stable, none of us are, we're doomed! DOOMED I TELLS YA!

 
At 7/30/2005 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I've been off too.

Sipping on Coca cola and Whiskey, wish I had a good girl to miss me...

 
At 7/30/2005 05:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Wal-Mart's closed the apocalypse is not far behind.

 
At 7/30/2005 06:34:00 PM, Blogger M said...

wow - it took out walmart - strong storm indeed!

 
At 7/30/2005 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Funny you should mention that, Stacy. Last night at the WalMart, there were four horses "parked" out front.

Hmmm...

 
At 8/01/2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Funny how we are all so dependent on electricty. My daughter was in a Wal-Mart several months ago that had the power go off. She left the store and went to get in her car, she looked back and said that the weirdest thing about it was the Wal-Mart sign was off too and it looked really dark. Spooky was her word. I love Wal-Mart and I buy all my gas there too.

 
At 8/14/2006 10:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is the art of phone sex fantasy drawing without an eraser. phone sex fantasy

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home