Sunday, July 17, 2005



The Art of Child Negotiation

"I landed on your space again." "Hey, that's my space!" "Too bad, it's not your turn anymore. No wonder you don't have any money." "Larissa's losing, she doesn't pay attention." "I just landed on your space too." "Oh. Whoops." Obviously I am not of the school that says you should allow kids to win at Monopoly. "200 dollars." "I don't have that much money." "You're out!" Although I admit it wasn't the same after Corey beat her. Much harder to distract him when I landed on his spaces.

"You've got five minutes to drink your milk. Three. Make sure you brush your teeth so they won't be rotten!" "Will you read me a story?" "Yes, as soon as I finish cleaning up the Monopoly. You could help me." "No, I don't want to." "OK, that's your story." "No, I want to keep looking..." "You're dawdling..." "Huh?" "Stalling!"

After the fascinating adventures of Wendell and Lloyd and their secret shortcut, the even more fascinating adventures of Jake Long, American Dragon. "Now what did my mysterious old master tell me about brownies- they like shiny things!" Ooooh, I like shiny things, too, maybe I'm a brownie....shiny...Jake Long, who apparently is the epitome of American kids, saying things like, "Yo, that's how it's be!" and other such annoyances. Who is being taught by a mysterious old master and a talking dog. Who has to pass three dragony tests by three dragony judges or he loses said master. Who has a rival who makes fun of him and plays tricks, attempting to thwart his quest. Who was up against the Dark Dragon who has mysteriously and most unfortunately returned to power. Can we please stop ripping off Harry Potter here?

"Good night, Nettie." "Good night." "Thank you for baby-sitting." Awwwwww.......

10 Comments:

At 7/17/2005 03:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some odd reason, people think I'm good with kids. I've had the babysitting gig several weekends now.

Alice

 
At 7/17/2005 06:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm, brownies, put that word into any blog, it's over for me

 
At 7/17/2005 07:13:00 AM, Blogger D said...

does babysitting pay well??

 
At 7/17/2005 09:09:00 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Clearly you have more patience than me....I go crazy babysitting my own kids....oh wait, that's not babysitting, is it?

Cool blog, btw.

 
At 7/17/2005 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Where's my bedtime story?

 
At 7/17/2005 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

When I was a kid, there weren't cool babysitters like you. I just had big sisters who made me clean the house so they could get the credit.

 
At 7/17/2005 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

I prefer the mafia version of Monopoly.

"Come on, give me Park Place or I'll cut your legs off!"

 
At 7/17/2005 10:13:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Excellent post Nettie! As a Grandad... I love baby sitting!:)

GBYAY

 
At 2/11/2006 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, great blog! Keep it up.

I have a web site. It pretty much covers find baby name related stuff.
Come and have a look if you get time :-)

 
At 2/14/2006 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am enjoying finding my way around the site and I am picking up loads of hints and tips on the way. I think what I have seen so far is the greatest source of information I have come across so far. I look forward to learning more amazing facts in the future.

Thanks
money business make start fast

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home