Wednesday, July 13, 2005



I Didn't Forget The Surprise

And it's a biggie. If my roommates heard me, they must have thought me even stranger, since I was yelling, "Oooh, that's good!" at regular intervals while I was reading it. Of course, they'd already heard me laughing raucously for an hour at Whose Line. But I digress.

A while back, I promised a big surprise. Well, I thought it was supposed to be a surprise. Two of my co-anchors couldn't seem to keep their mouths shut about it. But I know it's definitely been worth the wait.

Back in March or so, there was a meme going around that many bloggers in my little circle participated in- basically a five question interview game, anything and everything. And Jeff had the idea to expand it into a group blog. He called for co-anchors, and I accepted, along with Stacy of "Not A Desperate Housewife" and another Stacey, who is currently on summer vacation. It was Jeff's dream, and Jeff's vision, not to have only ourselves and some fabulous others as interviewees, but to land a big name. The name? Michelle Malkin.

If you are not familiar with Michelle Malkin: One of the top ten bloggers; smart, female, and conservative (shocking, isn't it?); author; journalist; and sometime guest host on Fox News. And she granted little old Meet the Bloggers an interview. Props go of course to Stacy, and our wonderful guest anchor Darlene. But it was Jeff's boldness, and persistence, and plain old determination that helped make it happen. And many thanks to Ms. Malkin for her graciousness and thoughtful answers to our questions. And now, go to the interview. Go right HERE. Go, and bask in the, I have to say it, glory.

15 Comments:

At 7/13/2005 03:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding. I love Michelle Malkin.

Alice

 
At 7/13/2005 03:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awesome!

Alice

 
At 7/13/2005 06:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, i've never heard of her myself. i would never have thought to ask her about the prom, she sure doesn't sound like a geek now.

 
At 7/13/2005 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Thanks, Nettie, for your kind words. Of course, I couldn't have done it without you, Stacy and Darlene.

Let's party...

 
At 7/13/2005 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

That's GREAT you guys! Don't forget us little people when you're all famous, ok? Can I come to the party??? Are their going to be donuts?????

 
At 7/13/2005 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I was at Stacy's and I'll say it here too, my questions sucked. But the Malkinator answered them so well anyways, it is awesome!

 
At 7/13/2005 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Dar, as I said over at Stacy's: "No low self esteem pity parties". Our Qs all rocked, and Michelle's As were great.

Now, about those donuts...

 
At 7/13/2005 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

Hey, just checking-out your blog. Good stuff! I'm going to keep checking-in. Thanks for posting on the Karate Kid/Mr. Miyagi post. It's nice to know that people out there are reading - you know, other than my family. :) Love your graphics. I promise to post something actually entertaining/important/witty/not-lame next time.

 
At 7/13/2005 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Forget the donuts, it's champagne time.

We've been linked.

 
At 7/13/2005 03:37:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Mmmm, donut...reverie...donut...

 
At 7/13/2005 04:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my favorite donut is the boston cream or sour cream glazed, mmmmmmm, donuts

 
At 7/13/2005 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

YEEEAAAHHH, in my almost 37 years this is the first time I ever kept my mouth shut. I can't wait to tell my husband that it wasn't me this time!!! Nice going Nettie, I left you a comment on my blog. I loved your last question.

 
At 7/14/2005 01:12:00 AM, Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Good job landing that interview. Being a Libertarian, I have a real laissez-faire view of politics. Basically, if a politician is never seen in a hammock, I don't vote for him/her.

 
At 7/14/2005 07:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had better get reading then, hadn't I?

 
At 7/14/2005 01:09:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Chris, I'm guessing then that you haven't voted at all during my lifetime (45 years).

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home