Thursday, June 16, 2005



Oh My Holy Freaking Cow

I think I'm going insane. No, really, I mean it this time. For one, I was lying in bed last night, and I heard a bird. Although unless he's a ventriloquist, it isn't Earl, it's more of a "chirrup" sort of sound. We only have weensy trees on this side of the building, why oh WHY is yet another bird coming to torment me? Do I have some giant only-visible-to-birds target on me? I think this has ruined my ability to appreciate birds. Perhaps for life. Darn.

Now onto the big news. Nope, wait, I can't say the big news yet. Because I hate spoiling surprises. Suffice it to say that I was very, very excited when I heard this news. And then I panicked a little, and went to giggling to myself all last night pretty much. I tend to do that when I'm excited. I want this to stay under wraps, for now, even though it's killing me, it'll be that much sweeter when the day come. Watch this space. And follow the links if you're dying to know.

I do have other big news, though. As some of you may know, I am not coordinated. I am a writer and a singer, but I can't draw worth anything. Or write legibly for that matter. But, as of yesterday, I am an artiste. A sandwich artiste. Because too much time plus not enough money equals- Nettie got another job at Subway. Although it may produce spectacular, linktastic blogs, sitting round at home don't pay those bills. I've only really worked twice, but some things are obvious:

At Bath and Body Works, we wear aprons to look cute and to carry all our female junk around in. At Subway, aprons are so you don't get mustard at your pants. When I'm in the mall, all I get to drink is what I bring, unless someone makes a Chick-Fil-A run and brings me free water. During my first shift at Subway, after pulling a double at BBW running off that water and half a Peach Fanta, I think I filled the 20-ounce cup with Sprite five times in the first hour. Use your imagination on that. Because I do just like to think that I can juggle it all...

21 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

ACK!!! Don't overdo it, OK? I don't have gas money to attend your funeral.

 
At 6/16/2005 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Oh, and you may simply end up juggling time at the counter with time in the ladies' room.

 
At 6/16/2005 07:06:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

I just can't wait to hear the stories!! Hey you CAN lose weight there right?

 
At 6/17/2005 02:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing the big surprise.

Hope you won't be too worn out doing your studies, old job and new job - whilst hearing birds and cows at night that prevent you from going to sleep!

Don't drink too much - you will be in the loo all your shift if you do!

 
At 6/17/2005 03:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the oriental chicken teriyaki on Italian herb!

Making me hungry.

Boy, it sounds like you're way busy.

Aloha, Alice

 
At 6/17/2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Very cool, Nettie! Now your presence shalle exude itself all over my local mall. Since I work at the mall, and your presence is there, I shall think of you every day! And we've never met. What a shame.

My favorite is Spicy Italian, which isn't shown on the menu anymore, but they always make it for me. Is it the same as the BMT??

 
At 6/17/2005 04:20:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Yes, bills must be paid. I love going to Subway. I wonder why they did away with the "stamp" program for a free sub? Good luck on your new job. Take your vitamins.

 
At 6/17/2005 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

They eliminated it because people were selling the cards on Ebay.

 
At 6/17/2005 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Can I get a discount, or some extra bacon and cheese at least because I'm your best friend?

 
At 6/17/2005 05:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dos trabajos? Lo siento!

Good luck with the new Subway gig.

 
At 6/17/2005 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Now I'll think of you at B&BW and Subway, cool.

 
At 6/18/2005 12:45:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

Don't work too hard Nettie--you and your bladder. :)

PS. I hate surprises. E-mail me...

 
At 6/18/2005 01:58:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Funny, I love surprises.

 
At 6/18/2005 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Now I'll smile twice a day, once when I pass a B&B and once when I pass a Subway...thanks for the smiles my friend!

 
At 6/19/2005 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

The two Stac(e)ys have such similar comments, that is bizarre. I guess Stac(e)ys think alike.

 
At 6/19/2005 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

We still have the stamps on the Subway cards for a free sandwich where I live. ha ha.

 
At 6/19/2005 01:04:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Mail to:

Think Sink
PO Box 1
Blogger, KY 40288

I can always use a free sandwich.

{note: that's a fake address, don't actually mail anything to it}

 
At 6/19/2005 06:52:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Technically, they're supposed to be honoring the promotion until August 9th, so enjoy it while you can...

 
At 2/22/2006 03:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I�ve seen a much tougher opposition than submissive phone sex Let�s see how long she can remain on top.
Can she keep going and compete in two more submissive phone sex Olympics like myself. submissive phone sex

 
At 7/20/2006 06:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bath & body works site.
Good luck!

 
At 7/21/2006 06:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a bath body works site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home