Thursday, February 10, 2005



Meaningless Observations

  • I hate it when it rains, because they never mop out the science building. There are two sets of doors and a space between them, where the water lurks, tracked in by hapless college students, just waiting to make one of them slip and slide. But someone makes sure to put an ever-so-helpful "Wet Floor" sign up, just in case our college education hasn't allowed us to figure that out.
  • Yesterday I was Inspiring Wild Indigo. Today I am Winter Candy Apple. Tomorrow- Vanilla Bean Noel. And next week- who knows? That's why I love Bath and Body Works- between my employee discount and the free samples we get (to "test out" the new lines), I have enough products to last me the next two years. Of course, by that time I will probably have acquired enough stuff to beautify a small town.
  • When the little girl in the Bounty commercial is playing with her puppy and spills the water, why doesn't she clean it up? If she is capable of handing her mother the paper towels, why can't she use them? Is there not something wrong with this picture?
  • Apparently my sister Janna and I write alike. Her boyfriend Anthony was tutoring me in calculus tonight and in the process he was attempting to decipher my handwriting. He claims he can't read either Janna or Nettie. In Anthony's analysis, my zero's look like two's and the word 'none' is more like the word 'hare'- and this was my good handwriting. Explains why no one ever wants to borrow my notes.

12 Comments:

At 2/10/2005 03:35:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

You get awesome free samples! When I worked as a journalist for a fashion/beauty magazine I also used to get the coolest stuff. Like anti-cellulite cream, anti-regrowth cream and cleansing lotion. It rocked! And now I miss it. If you ever have no more space to store your products, I'll happily do it for you. You might have to pack some in a box and send it to South Africa though...(I heard Fedex does a good job couriering between continents :)

 
At 2/10/2005 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Well, I can read you handwritig just fine ;)

I get free books we usually have a sample or two from each author that I keep on my shelf, yippee. Not the greatest perk, yet. No exclamation marks here.

But we do own the company and so we get write offs!! I get to buy fun stuff with company money such as fancy pens and digital cameras, because a graphic artist needs those things! I have a fancy monitor that looks like a big screen T.V. so I guess that's a pretty good perk!!!

 
At 2/10/2005 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Cori said...

I fyou ever need a place for all of those samples send them my way!! I love that stuff!

 
At 2/10/2005 01:03:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

My handwriting is soooo poor, I can barely read it some days. Oh well. As for free stuff, I used to work in a craft store, and got tonnes of free stuff that I am still trying to use up. My husband works for a postal service and gets nothing free, and I think they should really give him free postage!

 
At 2/10/2005 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Pusher said...

Ah, everytime a wet floor sign goes up, it seem that someone in my high school as to go off with it. People enjoy slide on the wet floors and falling down snowy hills here.

 
At 7/20/2006 04:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a bay area professional carpet cleaning
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/20/2006 06:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my bath and body works coupon site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

 
At 7/21/2006 06:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my bbc recruitment site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 
At 7/21/2006 09:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my bath & body works site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 
At 11/01/2006 09:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://wijzpyxy.com/tmal/mzvm.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cbqwpgin.com/kjfr/nisf.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 11/01/2006 09:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 11/01/2006 09:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://wijzpyxy.com/tmal/mzvm.html | http://uovbmhgi.com/inuc/xiak.html

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home