Thursday, February 03, 2005



Wishin' and Hopin' and Prayin'

They are predicting snow for Thursday night. Oh please, please snow and shut the whole state down. I could really use the break from my Friday classes. C'mon, snow! Ice! Anything!

Tonight was the last of the preparations for the Big Man. We all were getting a little giddy. Yolanda and I got a little bored putting the essential oils in alphabetical order, so we decided to make them in a pretty shape on the floor. As we were admiring our handiwork, Kathleen walked in the store. She went past us, and then did a double take. The look on her face was that of, "What on earth are you people doing???" Yolanda and I were immediately like, "We're being productive, we're alphabetizing them!" Kathleen's next words were, "This is what I have college people for..." Of course. College people are for making pretty egg shapes on the floor with essential oil boxes.

Poor Kathleen. She is so freaked out about this, since she's officially the head manager. Our district manager Glen was really cruel to her today. He called a little after closing time. When Aimee answered the phone, he told her he was Ken Montero (A.K.A. the Big Cheese). Aimee then ran to the front of the store, where Kathleen was standing on a ladder vacuuming the awnings. When Aimee ran up and told her it was Ken Montero, she flipped out even more. She went, "Are you freaking kidding me? If you're not serious, I'm gonna to kill you." She was so P.O.d when she found out it was Glen.

The cover story is that "Papa Ken" (I swear they really call him that) is going to give us a pizza party. Tonight some of us were asking Kathleen about some of the details, and she went, "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but he's actually taking the whole group out to Carraba's. but don't tell anyone else, I want some people to be surprised." At which point, we all were like, "Oh, don't worry. We all knew already cause Harmony opened her big mouth."

She then segued into, "Y'all know to be on your best behavior, right? I don't have to tell you that, right? Cause if any associate isn't, let's just put it this way, they won't be getting hours for a month. And I'll deny I ever said that." Normally Kathleen is pretty casual, joking around like we all do (although she is a bit protective of me), but she has just been panicking over every little thing. As have we all....

5 Comments:

At 2/03/2005 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Guy Hutchinson said...

Ahh, I guess wishing for snow is the hobby of students everywhere- except in L.A., they wish for fire.

 
At 2/03/2005 10:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That place sounds like a real pressure cooker. Who would have thought a bed and bath store would cause the employees so much stress? I hope you get free product to unwind with!

 
At 2/03/2005 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Well, 30% discount. And it isn't usually so intense, although there is a lot of estrogen floating around.

 
At 2/04/2005 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

We don't get snow here in Florida. We *do* get hurricanes though. Although as destructive as the last ones were, I don't think anyone would wish for hurricanes to get out of school. Can I wish for a major meteorologic change in the climate of the Southern United States? Then maybe I'd get snow..... :)

Nettie- great blog! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on mine. :)

 
At 7/21/2006 09:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Blogger, a real useful blog.Keep with the good work.
If you have a moment, please visit my bath and body works coupons site.
I send you warm regards and wishes of continued success.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home