Sunday, January 30, 2005



Lack of Judgment? You decide

I feel so special, I've never gotten so many comments before. I thought y'all might want to see what I looked like. The previous post is a picture of me on my friend Michael's back; we are on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. It was taken on our senior trip in April 2003 (and if nobody's ever bummed around D.C. on crutches, it is an interesting experience!)

I am really too stubborn for my own good. I got bored after about two hours of nothing yesterday. I wanted to be at work. I kinda dragged myself in there today. I had a 2 to 5 shift and then an on-call from 5-8, which meant I had to ask if they needed me to stay, basically. I asked Kathleen and she said she wanted me to stay, so I said OK just like I always do. I then went in the back to eat for a second. I wonder what I looked like today cause everybody kept asking if I was OK. I always said yes, as I do when anybody asks me that question.

But when I was sitting in the back and my friend Alisha asked, I told the truth. She immediately was like, "What are you still doing here then?" I replied that I wanted to keep working so we could get out of there early, and Alisha said that I wasn't much help because I wasn't able to work up to my usual pace. Which was a good point. She said that if I didn't tell Kathleen that she would. So as soon as Kathleen finished saying, "Nettie and Alisha need a project," Alisha went, "I can stay, but this girl has an infection and is in serious pain." Kathleen was immediately like, "Why didn't you tell me?" I said something about not wanting to let her down, and she replied, "You work so hard. You take extra shifts and you stay late. If you're sick, you're sick. I don't want to make you worse." I knew I was beaten at this point. Kathleen continued, "I want to hit you. I really do. Not hard!"

Harmony yesterday just didn't need me, cause the store was deserted due to the ice. But I actually made Kathleen mad, I think. She went into mom mode, going, "Did you go to the doctor? What are you drinking?" etc. I know I'm not indispensable, I just hate to play the pity card. Plus the CEO of the whole company is coming this week, and everybody is freaked out about it. Everything has to be perfect. I know some of y'all are going to want to lecture me about taking better care of myself, and you'd be right. Maybe I'll learn something from this- you can always hope, right?

7 Comments:

At 1/30/2005 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

They call it "work"--not "fun"--for a reason.

Don't put too much of your life energy into it. If at all possible, enjoy it, and try to find work you do enjoy. But again, it's called "work". It's purpose is to pay your bills.

 
At 1/31/2005 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

Save your energy for medical school!

 
At 2/01/2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Blog ho said...

Take care of yourself! Jesus. Must I do everything?

 
At 2/01/2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Blog ho said...

Also. Cute pic.

 
At 2/01/2005 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Blog ho said...

One more thing. Paragraphs to break up thoughts.

 
At 2/01/2005 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Geez, you're picky. But all right.

 
At 7/21/2006 09:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a bath body works online store site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home