Saturday, January 29, 2005



The Iceman Cometh

I don't know why it couldn't have waited two days (Mondays are evil!), but the ice began to fall tonight. We are forecasted for sleet and freezing rain (i've never understood the difference- anybody?) till about noon tomorrow, at least. I am conveniently scheduled to work at 11. Hopefully I will be able to make it in time. I hate driving in this stuff. We had a record-breaking ice storm last year and my poor car almost froze to death. I managed to dig up an ice scraper though- it looks like a lethal weapon, but at least I won't be repeating from the snow in December, which eventually wound up with me literally beating the ice off my car with a shoe. I thought I had a scraper in the trunk, but we are not prepared for winter weather here. It's true what they say about Southerners panicking at the first snowflake and running out and buying milk and bread, cause they are convinced they are going to be snowing in- I've seen it. I wish my work clothes were more substantial. I don't mind having to work, I doubt the mall will close. And even if it did, I'm sure the managers could come up with something for those of us there to do. Not that it would ever happen, we will never get enough to be literally stranded. It might be fun to be snowed in at a mall, I can think of worse places to be. I dunno how I'd explain that to my professors though...

1 Comments:

At 1/29/2005 03:28:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

It'd be great to be stuck in a mall!
Just think of the possibilities!
Bye,
Adventure girl

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home