Monday, January 24, 2005



Supercalifragililisticexpealidocious

The lights are back on in the bathroom. I think I preferred the dark, almost, because the flourescent lights get irritating. Today was pretty cool. I had to go in to work at 1:30, doing more box-up. I think they always call me in to do that, cause they know I'm good at it. That, and the store is allowed as many floorset hours as they want, and only a limited amount of sales hours that they are always going over. After my shift, I went to Old Navy and got some more tanks to layer under my T-shirts. I also went to Target and got a new purse that I desperately needed for 5 bucks. That was exciting. At 6, I ran back over to work for our surprise baby shower for one of the associates, Marie (she's due in February). It was so awesome- she didn't have a clue. They told her that we were all there for a reprimand meeting and she didn't suspect anything. When they brought her back, she stood there for a second as we yelled , Surprise! She was overwhelmed, really. She kept saying she was having to force herself not to cry. The managers chipped in for a double stroller, since she has another kid, and I went in with Kiernan, who made a diaper cake; it was really cool looking. I also had to meet my manager Kathleen's kids. She has a one-year-old named Isabel that they call Fat Baby. She looks just like Kathleen and loves to eat (obviously). She also has a two and a half year old named Lauren, who kept trying to claim everything as hers; Kathleen told her it was for the baby in Marie's belly. I only have a few shifts this week, it's very strange, cause I'm always there. I had a conversation with Adele that went something like this: Do you know what a workaholic is? You are one. All you do is go to class and work, right? Yep. girl we need to take you out! Yikes.

5 Comments:

At 1/24/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Baby showers are so exciting!
especially suprise ones!
Target rocks in the purses section! I hope you got a good one!
bye,
Adventure girl

 
At 1/26/2005 07:28:00 PM, Blogger Blair said...

tank tops, a $5 purse and a baby shower... seems like you got out plenty... Enjoy these years, they pass so quickly (esp in med scool).

 
At 7/21/2006 09:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a bay area professional carpet cleaning
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 8/05/2006 01:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell baby shower. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

 
At 8/05/2006 11:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I'm back to check your blog again and you just keep the great posts coming! Do you know of any great websites that sell diaper cakes. I've seen a few good ones but I think www.diapergifts.com make the best I have seen. You have got a great blog and I will be back to check it out.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home