Monday, January 03, 2005



Hi-ho, Hi-ho, It's Off to Work We Go

I got myself another triple today because I thought I only had one shift, so I took someone else's. Then I realized that made three. Oh well, it's not like I don't live at BBW anyway. It was an interesting day today. The prelude is, there are two sales that I was telling the customers about. The antibacterial soaps are 3 for $10 and our basic items (i.e. the lotions, shower gels in our core fragrances, they are called Pleasures) were buy 3, get 1 free. Anyway, most customers understand which of the items are included in the buy 3 deal. But I had this one woman who didn't seem to get it, so I patiently explained which items were included and I thought she understood. But when she got to the register and my manager was ringing her up, she insisted I told her the Pleasures were 3 for $10. And my manger was nice and said, No they aren't, but I'll give them to you for that price because of the misunderstanding. I was nearby and heard the next part, whcih was, sotto voce, "Maybe you should tell her so she knows." Kathleen, my manager, let another associate handle the sale for a minute, and was like, You know the antibacterial is 3 for $10, not the other? And I was like, Of course I do! Kathleen wasn't upset; after the woman left I told her how careful I had been to explain, and she rolled her eyes and said she knew, that some people were just like that. Everyone who witnessed it was on my side. I don't think I have a point here, it just annoyed me. I did my best. Jen, another of my mangers, did manage to amuse me today though. She said, you are such a nice and conscious person, but some of the stuff that comes out of your mouth.... It's amusing cause it's true. Most of the time I do manage to make people laugh though!

5 Comments:

At 1/08/2005 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

Nettie, you got bamboozled by one of those people that "work the system". Learn the behavior well, as a pediatrician you will run into it a lot!

 
At 5/08/2006 11:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, isn�t that nice, the wife of the IOC nasty phone sex president is hugging the
cox of the British crew. nasty phone sex

 
At 7/20/2006 06:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a bathroom towel bar placement site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/28/2006 01:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Skin Care Blog, it is cool to!

 
At 8/01/2006 12:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Body Lotions Blog, it is cool to!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home