Monday, December 20, 2004



Hangin' Tough

I think I have the worst timing in the world. I was nice and picked up a shift today for someone, and then I already had an evening shift. I was on call for the shift in between, so I just stayed. which means I worked a triple. I didn't really feel it while I was at work but driving home I did. I'm sure it didn't help that they had to haul me off from work last night in an ambulance. Again. Anaphylactic shock sucks. It could have been worse, I guess, my manager was able to keep it quiet. They came to the back door. They were really nice this time (it was a different county and different ER since I was at work). They kept insisting that I needed to get into the fresh air,which I couldn't understand, but once I was able to to, I explained that if BBW was going to kill me (i.e. from something I breathed in there), it would have after a month. I freaked out everybody at work, but Harmony, my manager, was really great, she was like, Get back to work, staring isn't going to help her. That was not the place I would have chosen to have an allergic reaction, but everybody was really concerned today and I was able to joke about it, so I guess it turned out OK overall. I am so glad I have this job, though, I'm really enjoying it now. Anyway, I have another triple on Tuesday, but tomorrow I only have one shift. The rest of the week is doubles. But it's all good, keeps me earning, busy and out of trouble. Mostly.

4 Comments:

At 12/21/2004 01:49:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

Nettie, be careful, I don't need to worry about your health too!

 
At 12/21/2004 05:55:00 PM, Blogger Wyatt Junker said...

Some ladies have died just to have Noah Wylie's hands check their vital signs. Like the rock concert back stage pass of failing health for lonely people.

However, a word to the wise, the ER, the REAL ER isn't like TV. There are no George Clooneys in the precursor to morgues. Just a bunch of bald, fat men eating jelly rolls. And...you don't want their hands on your vitals.

 
At 12/22/2004 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Nettie, sorry you have to go through all that...hope you have a safe, healthy, Merry Christmas...

 
At 5/30/2006 08:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt totally myself, nothing like the emptiness and horrible feeling I had then pulling out the older woman phone sex Olympics older woman phone sex

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home