Sunday, December 05, 2004



Work

I've been working at Bath and Body Works since Thanksgiving week. They hire a lot of people for the holiday season. Anyway, I like it, I really do, the people are cool. But they kind of just threw us in there, we had a couple of hours of videos and that was it as far as training. I still feel like I have no clue what I am doing but apparently the fact that I've been there more than twice means I'm qualified to show the people even newer than me what to do. So I'm like OK, I dunno what I'm doing here, but follow me anyway. And I made a total fool of myself today, but I did that on my own. I am not the most observant person in the world and I didn't realize one woman spoke sign language. I felt so bad. But on the other hand, I was able to rescue my new coworker when she didn't know the answer to something and I did. Go me. I just hope my manager will be nice and let me out of the shifts she wasn't supposed to schedule me for in the first place next week cause of finals. It's not my fault, since I told them when I was hired I would need those days off, but I hate to make trouble. But I don't have a choice, I have to take my exams. Unfortunately.
On a lighter note, I recently found a new music source- Joss Stone. I got interested in her when I watched the new Band Aid video and now I'm watching her "You Had Me" video. She's from the U.K., I don't think they play her much here. One of her songs plays at BBW, but they play the same stuff over and over and you get sick of it even if you like it. It's not this one though, which is awesome.
Anyway, since I don't have to work tomorrow (which would be better than working during an exam like they want me to), I am going to either study or sleep. Probably both at the same time.

5 Comments:

At 12/05/2004 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Lewis E. Moten III said...

Congrats on the job. You'll get better as you go along. Thanks for the comments on my blog.

 
At 12/05/2004 05:34:00 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Nettie, I second Lewis's thoughts about the new job...and I also thank you for visiting my blog. I love your profile! Have a great week.

Mark Coffey
Decision '08

 
At 5/29/2006 06:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In high school, I didn�t get the chance to wrestle varsity mature woman phone sex until
my senior year because I had an older brother who was better than me. mature woman phone sex

 
At 7/20/2006 04:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my bay area professional carpet cleaners site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

 
At 7/20/2006 07:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a bath body works site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home