Thursday, November 11, 2004



Ramble

I hate looking at pictures of myself, but at least those are more recent. I dressed up two times and Sherill used her digital, so there ya go. Enjoy. Anyway, another boring night, so I will offer some random commentary! And maybe I'll actually make the links work right, we shall see.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=1&u=/ap/20041112/ap_on_re_us/pregnant_at59
The woman is a great-grandmother and got pregnant with twins at age 59, with no medical intervention. She'll have an interesting non-retirement I suppose...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&e=2&u=/nm/20041111/pl_nm/mideast_arafat_usa_dc
I'm not going to comment on what kind of man I think Arafat was, just say that maybe peace can happen now...You can always have hope that things will be better for the Israelis and the Palestinians...And at least now there won't be any more conflicting reports on whether he's dead or alive.
I wish I had known it was Veterans' Day today. Then maybe I could have done something more celebratory instead of sitting downtown wondering why the cops had every single street leading back to campus blocked off. I ended up calling people, going, "I'm bored, I've been sitting at this light for seven minutes, I'm going to be late for class..." I suppose I should have figured it out when I saw all the people in military uniforms earlier in the day...but did they have to block off every street even remotely going close to campus? I couldn't turn the right way to save my life, not even sure how I ended up getting back and of course I wasn't on time...But for the record, I did not skip anything today, even though I really wanted to. Go me.

2 Comments:

At 11/12/2004 12:19:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

Nettie, what a great time to learn to be a pediatrician! My best wishes to your great grandmother. Wish you were in my neck of the woods, my "dot" will be here soon and I have yet to find one!

 
At 11/12/2004 12:09:00 PM, Blogger Blair said...

I have some pediatrician recommendations, I am just not sure what my insurance status will be when "dotcom" arrives. Due date is January 25th...

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home