Saturday, January 29, 2005



Just What You're Looking For

I got exactly what I needed, and I guess wanted, today. But it all came about in a rather convoluted way. Originally, I was scheduled to work from 1 to 7:30, but Denise had a shift she couldn't make, so we switched. I worked for her Monday and she was supposed to work for me today. I then picked up Alisha's shift from 11 to 2 today. My plan was to do that, stay later if they needed me, and then go baby-sit at 6:30. I had a conversation with Harmony before I realized Denise wasn't there, consisting of, "You don't look so hot." "Yeah, I'm sick." "What are you doing here then?" At which point I couldn't think of a good reason cause I felt so lousy, and she went, "You people, always coming in here...." When two rolled around, I asked her what she wanted me to do about Denise's not being there, and she just said, "Don't worry about it. See ya." If they had asked me to stay, I would have; I'm too stubborn to give in. But I think Harmony would have smacked me if I'd even raised the question. I must have looked really bad. I'll have to remember to thank her for that. And make sure neither she nor anyone else at BBW ever reads this. When I got out to my car, the Martins had called saying that the party they were going to was canceled cause of the ice and she didn't want me to have to drive over there anyway. So that's how I got the rest of the day off. It's just what I need- a chance to get some rest and heal- and exactly what I never would have given myself. I know God is working in this, because it never would have happened so perfectly otherwise. I get the day to rock out to my new Cranberries greatest hits CD, drink hot chocolate, and do what I wanted to all along- nothing.

6 Comments:

At 1/29/2005 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Hi Nettie,

Just thought I would pop by to see your site. Sounds like a busy day, but yea, God's in control!

I love the little note you have at the top, 'and I never wear plain socks.' Don't ever think that people don't notice, cause they do! A young friend of mine was over today, she is in grade eleven and she is cleaning at my house for voluteer work, yay! lucky for me. Anyway, she never wears plain socks and now, she never wears two socks the same either. I love it. I always notice that her two socks are different. Today one was orange with frogs on it and the other was pink with some other design, but they looked awesome.

 
At 1/29/2005 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Doing nothing. That's a full day.

And God *is* in control.

Thanks for the comment over at Think Sink, BTW.

 
At 1/30/2005 12:01:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

I love kismet... God inspired is even better.

 
At 1/30/2005 12:49:00 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Hi, I was going through old comments left on my blog and I found one you posted. Thought I'd say hello. Hello.

 
At 1/30/2005 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

looks like your a little like my dad,he loves to do nothing!
Bye,
Adventure girl

 
At 5/29/2006 06:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is the art of transsexual phone sex drawing without an eraser. transsexual phone sex

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home