Tuesday, February 01, 2005



Ken Montero's coming! Ken Montero's Coming!

....And we all wish he would just hurry up and get here so we could go back to our normal lives. Ken Montero, a.k.a. Papa Ken, is the vice president/C.E.O./big cheese of Bath and Body Works. As a "reward" for being second in the country in holiday sales (behind Columbus, Ohio, where corporate headquarters is, not incidentally), we get to have him "visit" our store. Ostensibly to give us a party, but everyone knows he and whatever crew he bgrings are coming to check us out. We just became a flagship (as opposed to a smaller, less-stuff core) in August, so we are really doing awesome, but still we get inspected. I'm not sure what he can do to us if he doesn't like what he sees, but I don't want to find out.

Those Mr. Clean magic erasers really do work, plus they have a little Mr. Clean face on them. I used one today to clean all the scuff marks off our district manager Glen's door. I want to know what he did to it to make it so grungy, since he travels and isn't usually there, but it's clean now. We even went so far as to paint the bathroom door and some of the posts in the store. They will be gone Friday, and I am looking forward to it so everyone stops freaking out. I don't have to work Friday, and for once I'm glad, cause I don't want to be there on inspection.

Kathleen has dubbed me Sicky, in addition to Nettie Boo-Boo. Guess I deserve that moniker. I always come out all right though, if I can survive anaphylactic shock I can do anything! Seriously, though, I don't have any thoughts of invincibility. I've come close to death too many times for that to happen. Gee, that's a cheery thought, isn't it? But I trust in God to protect me, and so far He always has! So there ya go.

12 Comments:

At 2/02/2005 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Make sure you wear your best PJs when the Big Man visits the store.

 
At 2/02/2005 07:53:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

hey nice blog!

diggin it.

www.peasontoast.blogspot.com

 
At 2/02/2005 01:10:00 PM, Blogger Guy Hutchinson said...

I think I will get myself a Mr. Clean magic eraser, I have many scuff marks to remove.

 
At 2/02/2005 03:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can put a good word in for me with God. I could use a little protection myself.

Good luck with that fat cat, big wig fella.

 
At 2/02/2005 05:02:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It must be the best smelling job in the world. I love to walk in the mall past the bath places. There is nothing quite like it.

I have been told I need to get a magic eraser with my four kids scuffing the walls. I think I will get it tonight.

 
At 2/03/2005 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Robert said...

Better "Sicky" than "Sicko". I've always wondered why people go nuts when the boss comes. After all, you got to be number two without the nutty preparation. Perhaps by rearranging everything you're ruining what made it number 2?

 
At 7/20/2006 04:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my bay area professional carpet cleaners site.
Have a great week!

 
At 7/20/2006 06:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a baton rouge job listings
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/21/2006 06:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a bath body works online store site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/21/2006 08:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my baton rouge technology jobs site.
Good luck!

 
At 1/07/2010 04:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 2/16/2010 02:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nellsharvey.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home