Saturday, February 05, 2005



13 Was My Soccer Number

Yay, I finally took the time to figure out the links! Hope y'all like- if anyone objects to being linked (or to my shameless promotion of my company), let me know and I'll take you down. But BBW stays. I talk about them enough, I should throw them a bone. Tonight I decided to stray away from my usual topic of work and live up to my name- random thoughts. Enjoy.

You don't realize how much you depend on a remote- until you lose one. For several months I was fighting a losing battle with mine, as its signal grew weaker and weaker until one day it finally quit, without so much as a whimper of defeat. For several months I didn't have one, until finally I went to Radio Shack and bought a universal. It had a nifty little feature that allowed it to automatically search for the right code, since I never knew mine and the little booklet they included didn't list ones for TV/VCRS. I set it and went about my business, half expecting it to not work- until the TV suddenly turned off. I now had exactly 3 seconds to capture the code or else go through the whole rigamorale again. Success is very sweet- now when I am sitting on my computer blogging and simultaneously taping endless episodes of Strong Medicine, I don't have to dash up and start and stop for commercial breaks. Such are the small pleasures of life.

Speaking of music, which I wasn't, I love it. We studied in psychology how some people, when they are placed in chambers totally isolating their senses, find it easy to meditate or commune with God. And some people simply begin to go insane. I would be one of the ones to go insane. I always have either the TV or music going, and one of the things I love about my computer is all the music I have on it. I like to think my tastes are fairly diverse ( I can't stand rap, though. Listened to it for four hours, going to Charleston and back, and I still hate it. That's a story for another blog, though). My absolute favorite singer is Amy Grant- I've seen her three times. Others are pretty random- Avril Lavigne, Celine Dion, Evanescence, Natalie Merchant (despite her left-wing bias), Shania Twain, Destiny's Child, Kelly Clarkson (even though I don't watch American Idol), Phil Collins, Mariah Carey, and, I must confess, the Chipmunks. They are just so cute and funny, and great as voice-mail messages.

OK, how about the fire alarm that's going off in one of the adjacent buildings? Although I am really glad it isn't mine, cause then we'd be outside shivering in the cold, it's getting really annoying. Almost like those weird cicada things can be. They are so loud you'd swear it was electronic. But I have done my share of standing outside in the cold. Last semester some idiot thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarms. At 4 A.M. During exams. Two nights in a row. But they sent South Carolina's finest to investigate. My friends and I were huddled together for warmth, and a brilliant official person came over and asked us if any of us had pulled it. Yes, Officer. I'm going to confess in front of all these exam-crazed, sleep-deprived people that my idea of sick fun is to haul a bunch of people out of their beds and into the cold, cold night. Right.

Well, hope y'all enjoyed the change of pace and the new template. Don't worry, I'm sure after work tomorrow, I'll get back to the ever-continuing drama of BBW. Y'all come back now!

12 Comments:

At 2/05/2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Jack Mercer said...

Hi Nettie!

Thanks for stopping by the Snipet. LBB is a fellow friend-blogger dude, and I notice you have a link to his site. He's a hoot.

I have somewhat of a mixed audience at the Snipet. My main purpose is just to take shots at the absurdities in life and get people to think things completely through. Some people get excited, but others a lot of time see the point. One of my regular readers is called Religious Lefty (blog: www.religiouslefties.com) As a fellow Christian (and I do believe she is saved) I have had a lot of time to be able to talk to her on spiritual and often political matters.

Anyhow, will check in on your blog!

Oh, where from in SC? I live right outside of Greenville in a small town called Easley.

Take care,

j

 
At 2/05/2005 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Nettie,

Love the pink. I can't remember what it looked like before. This is the same template I have, but I just created new images and plunked them in it's place. I started with brown, switched to this pink, then went to a Bratz doll look and then I Dream of Jeanie and now I am where I want to be with Blogger Can you Spare a Dime? I love change and so I redo my site alot. The former name was What Would Jesus Blog?

I love Amy Grant too! I have been a fan since her first album waaaaaay back. Thanks for the link, bye.

 
At 2/05/2005 01:10:00 PM, Blogger Rebel said...

You've left messages on my site before, but I don't get a link? Bummer (just kidding). Anyway did you try to replace the batteries in the old remote?

 
At 2/05/2005 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Nettie...I too just figured out my sidebar thingy by playing around with all that computer code stuff...next gonna try to change the colors...ohhhh, gettin techy now. I posted a link to your site on my site...hope you don't mind...

Stac

 
At 2/05/2005 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

My freshman year in college we had the fire alarm go off and we had to stand outside shivering. (although I'm not sure I can compare it to yours, since I am in South Florida where "cold" isn't even in our vocabulary.) Just wanted you to know I feel your pain! Been there, done that, burned the d*** t-shirt!! *grin*
-Jen

 
At 2/05/2005 07:59:00 PM, Blogger maria said...

i have FOUR remotes that i'm still trying to learn to figure out. Hopefully one will clean my cat's litter box.

 
At 2/05/2005 08:08:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I am honored to be on your blogroll (that bunch of linky things along the right side). Someday, when I'm famous, I'll shower you with monetary gifts for helping increase my traffic!!!

Or maybe just a pair of funky colored socks.

 
At 2/05/2005 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

ya I do lol

 
At 2/05/2005 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Woody- I tried replacing the batteries. For a while I tried taping it together, but it finally just quit. I know it's not the sensor, cause the new one works. Guess it's jsut one of those things.

 
At 3/02/2006 12:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finishing second in the big tit phone sex Olympics gets you silver. big tit phone sex

 
At 7/01/2006 01:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Lures information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

 
At 9/06/2006 07:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alarm bell clock soundinghttp://www.alarmmonitorsecurity.infoI brought some batteries, they weren;t included.alarm bell clock sounding

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home