Tuesday, February 08, 2005



If You Give Some Girls a Super Bowl Party

If you give some girls a Super Bowl party, first they have to know how to get there.

So they know how to get there, Jen posts her directions on the bulletin board.

When Jen posts her directions on the bulletin board, Kiernan wants people to come to her party.

Since Kiernan wants people to come to her party, about half of them do.

Since half of them do, half end up at Jen's house in Elgin.

When they end up at Jen's house in Elgin, they want to be entertained.

Because they want to be entertained, Mark turns on the Super Bowl.

When Mark turns on the Super Bowl, most decide they don't care about the Super Bowl.

And since most don't care about the Super Bowl, they need something else to talk about.

Since they need something else to talk about, they decide Nettie needs a boyfriend.

When they decide Nettie needs a boyfriend, Nettie explains about her previous exes.

When Nettie explains about her previous exes, they move on to another topic.

Moving on to another topic, they decide to watch the halftime show.

Watching the halftime show, they get bored and decide to get something to eat.

Getting something to eat, they sit down at the table and yak some more.

Sitting at the table and yakking some more, they realize the game is now over.

Realizing the game is now over, they wonder who won.

Wondering who won, they decide they don't care about that either.

Deciding they don't care about that either, they leave what was once a Super Bowl party.

And this all started because a bunch of girls wanted to have a Super Bowl party.

16 Comments:

At 2/08/2005 01:09:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

I like to think there's hope that y'all will understand us....maybe when we understand ourselves.

 
At 2/08/2005 09:02:00 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Girls getting together for the superbowl is never about the superbowl, but always about the getting together...and wondering what your vice will be today...twizzlers????

 
At 2/08/2005 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Pusher said...

Do you know what? I try to tivo the simpsons after "the big game" and the stupid thing taped like the last hour of broadcast. Not even the game but the people talking about the game. This force me to miss the simpsons, my most beloved toon, and be very p.o. What am I going to do with that crap? Have a mini-girls super bowl party?

 
At 2/08/2005 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Pusher, where would you find all those minigirls for your party?

 
At 2/08/2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I went to a hockey game with my sister this year. The first thing I do is check out the food, the second thing I do is check out the food again, the third thing I do is check out the washroom.

 
At 2/08/2005 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Reverend Joyleaf said...

What the heck is the Superbowl? Ha ha just kidding, no seriously what is it? I just go to those parties to socialize and for the fooooood.

 
At 2/08/2005 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Sounds like every sporting event I've ever attended! Ha! Great blog! Reminds me of one of my husband's first soccer games that I attended... I don't really understand the sport to begin with, not that I can't, but because it's a sport and I usually get bored... but anyways, I missed this GREAT goal he made... I didn't have the heart to tell him I missed it...since then I paid VERY GOOD ATTENTION ;) Luckily, my hubby isn't too much into football :) Thanks for dropping by my blog!

 
At 2/08/2005 02:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what this fictional sequence needs? A spontaneious lesbian orgy.

 
At 2/08/2005 04:18:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I don't think so LBB. For one thing, this account is based on fact. And for another, please keep it PG!

 
At 2/08/2005 04:25:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Nettie,

If you have time, can you email me at toofattofly@shaw.ca please.

 
At 2/08/2005 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

I love that book If you give a pig a pancake!

 
At 2/08/2005 07:44:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Thank you Cori- you are the first one to get what I was trying to do with it! But I hope y'all liked it anyhow!

 
At 2/08/2005 08:49:00 PM, Blogger Pusher said...

Jeff H, luckily I have a big collection of minigirls in my closet from my "oh my god I hope mommy and daddy don’t take by dolly phase.” Which was oddly enough followed by “I am going to get them two back phase!”

 
At 2/08/2005 09:15:00 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Nettie, I am so sorry about the earlier comment. My husband forgot to sign out and I didn't notice until he pointed it out to me later that I commented on your site under his name. So it was actually me posting as 'Rev' earlier today, sorry!

 
At 2/08/2005 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

It's no problem, and I'm sorry for the comment on your hubby's site- I didn't realize he was your husband and thought he was another of my random visitors! Hope that clears things up, cause it must not have made much sense otherwise.

 
At 2/08/2005 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Pusher, I think you have some stuff bubbling under your surface too.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home