Tuesday, June 14, 2005



Archaic Drinks

Ack, I'm doing it. I'm turning a comment thread into a post. I think some of y'all are being a bad influence... Right. Back to the task at hand. Mourning my puppy...Oops, that wasn't it either. OK. The topic is- Hey, that phrase reminds me of this watch I used to have. Minnie Mouse would say in this squeaky little Minnie Mouse voice, "The time is, 11:15".

I do have a point. Darlene had us talking about sick-time rituals; the prevailing wisdom seemed to be for clear soft drinks. I can remember when I was in the second grade, and had the flu. I consumed nothing but Jell-O and Clear Pepsi. This didn't last long, but apparently it still has its fans. This seems to be true of many retired drinks- Pepsi Blue- which I personally thought tasted like a sickening mix of boysenberry and caffeine, Fresca- I suppose it's all right if you like grapefruit, and even my beloved Peach Fanta- I swear, that was the first result of my Googling. I am torn, between saying, "Get a Life!" and going, "Hey, maybe if I start a website dedicated to Peach Fanta, the Coca-Cola people will magically listen and bring it out of retirement so I can buy it in two-liter size and not feel like I'm blowing my budget when I buy the expensive 20 ounce bottles! That would be awesome!" But then again, this could also be yet another result of too little to do...

19 Comments:

At 6/15/2005 02:05:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Nettie, If you are sick and you have an unset stomach, then you need to drink Ginger Ale. It has a very calming effect on the stomach.

 
At 6/15/2005 03:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to recall Shasta and Nehi or maybe my folks just talked about it.

Cherry Cola and Creme Soda!

 
At 6/15/2005 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I could have dedicated a website to Fresca years ago already. I loved it, and only recently realized it was diet and so now I sing it's praises far and wide.

 
At 6/15/2005 09:52:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Hmmm, turning comment threads into posts. What a novel idea.

Or maybe not.

 
At 6/15/2005 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

There are a couple of stores in Los Angeles that carry large varieties of sodas that are hard to find. Like Coca-Cola made in Mexico with cane sugar (cane sugar tastes the best).

Here's some of the other sodas we've tried:

Inca Cola - popular in South America, tastes like bubble gun. Owned by Coca-Cola, as are most of the sodas on this planet. Go check out Coke's website.

Whoopie Cola, chocolate soda, etc. All made with cane sugar.

Nehi grape and peach soda.

Moxie cola, unusual flavor, almost like medicine.

Big Red, tastes like super sweet bubble gum. Drink a six pack and kill your pancreas. Popular in South Central LA according to my Black co-workers.

J-J-J-Jolt Cola- twice the caffiene and all the sugar of regular colas.

 
At 6/15/2005 10:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh Moxie is GROSS...


and face it you know you love Peach Fanta JUST because you love me.

hehe... self esteem boost... :)

 
At 6/15/2005 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Becca said...

oh shoot that comment was from me^^^^

forgive me I'm tired and sick.

 
At 6/15/2005 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Fanta, shouldn't you eat some crackers and drink some Ginger Ale?

 
At 6/15/2005 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

The reason everything tastes different in Mexico is lack of personal hygiene and food safety standards.

:-)

 
At 6/15/2005 03:26:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Neal is much more obedient today, but he also quivers when I click into your blog.

 
At 6/15/2005 08:20:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I thought dead dogs didn't quiver.

 
At 6/15/2005 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Ouch that was harsh.

 
At 6/16/2005 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Neal is such a good dog! He really jumps high for puppy treats.

 
At 6/16/2005 09:56:00 AM, Blogger Guy Hutchinson said...

Crystal Pepsi! Wow! That takes me back!

 
At 6/16/2005 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Cori said...

Grenn tea with honey. I want Tab back!!

 
At 6/16/2005 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Fanta, I was replying directly to Darlene. She's done unspeakable things to poor little Nea, though she denies it.

Amigo: could you give Darlene some lessons in "puppy love"? She seems to not "get it" from my attempts.

 
At 6/16/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

heehee yeah I know.

 
At 8/01/2005 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Matt Maldre said...

thanks for posting a link to my pepsi blue and clear pepsi pages. :-)

 
At 12/12/2012 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]KzmmeqfyGBDM[/url] , gnXAdYghCQjuNaUhS , http://hhmgziigpu.com

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home