Monday, March 21, 2005



Trippin'

No, it's not what you think it is and I have told you people (LBB) to get your mind out of the gutter! No, this is a story about a journey to a mystical, wondrous place. A place few are fortunate enough to see. A place known as...the Dollar General.

For the uninitiated, the Dollar General is a place to get cheap stuff. I don't normally go there, but I forgot to go to Wal-Mart on the way back from work and I needed blank videotapes. I decided to try Dollar General as opposed to wasting gas going back to Wal-Mart. As I wandered up and down the aisles, I was simply....amazed at the treasures that awaited me. Treasures like Winter Holiday Lucky Charms (which I did not buy). Two dollar boxes of Rice Krispie Treats. Green and orange jump ropes for a buck (I was tempted). My quarry, 6-hour videotapes, also for a buck. But the best was yet to come. They had....

Peach Fanta. Poor, neglected Peach Fanta. Peach Fanta is the ugly stepsibling of the Fanta family. Unlike strawberry and grape and orange, it does not come in two-liter bottles, only the 20 ouncers you find in gas stores. Many a time have I skipped hopefully into a Li'l Cricket, my eyes alighting on a golden-colored bottle of...Orange Fanta. But you, Dollar General, you did not dash my hopes, instead you fulfilled my craving. We have only just met, but I feel sure I will return. And next time I'll have more than 5 bucks. Fanta, Fanta, don't you wanna Fanta, Fanta, don't you wanna.....

9 Comments:

At 3/22/2005 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I was always partial to Nehi grape, and Orange Crush, and some chocolate drink (but I'm thinking it wasn't Yoohoo; the name Choc-ola keeps coming to mind; perhaps some of those even older than me can help me out here).

 
At 3/22/2005 05:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read you found your soda. I'm a big fan of the dollar stores, myself.

Great place to buy tools and auto supplies and cleaning agents.

 
At 3/22/2005 11:10:00 AM, Blogger KEF said...

':) oOOOH FANta's so rare NOW ;D

 
At 3/22/2005 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I don't do peach, yuck, spew, spit.

Enjoy!

 
At 3/22/2005 03:34:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

That sounds yummy! I'll have to check our local Dollar General and see if I can find it!

BTW, I love your new format. I don't manage to get to everyone's blogs everyday, so I like to have access to their most recent posts. It makes me feel more connected. Please keep it this way!

 
At 3/22/2005 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

If they had a Dollar Store here in the Netherlands I am sure I would think I had died and gone to heaven!
Maybe there is one, but I've never found it!

 
At 3/23/2005 12:10:00 AM, Blogger Bryan said...

You know, I used to think Goodwill was where it's at, but you simply cannot get a decent fanta at the blue and white. However, it IS the land of the 99 cent t-shirt advertising a long since gone tractor pull.

 
At 3/23/2005 11:20:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Yum, Peach! :) And I like the new layout, especially easier for folks who sometimes skip a day in between readings.

'Fanta'ly,
mrsd

 
At 3/25/2005 01:47:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Every time I reread this, I wanna Fanta.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home