Thursday, March 03, 2005



Aftermath

OK, here are the long-awaited pictures I have been promising. Something to tide you over when I leave tomorrow for spring break.

In case any of you really wanted more details, I will indulge you. (I do have pictures, but I refuse to put those up. No way.) It actually happened on Tuesday night, and I did take it easy Wednesday, went to work but not classes. Priorities seem a little screwy there huh? Harmony is actually getting used to it, she commented yesterday that she was an old pro. I even taught her how to use my Epi-Pen, although she insists she would never be able to do it. I've only had one time where I was so bad I couldn't do it myself, but just in case, eh?

My explanation of the previous title really deserves a post of its own, but I'll abbreviate. The EMS team that picked me up included a student who has the same EMT teacher as I did. I told him to tell Vickie that "Nettie did it again." I went into anaphyalctic shock during EMT class. I'll get around to that story eventually, but only so much humiliation at a time. It's also what Harmony told Jen, to which Jen replied that she was glad it wasn't her, that Harmony had the practice and she'd better be there the next time too. Candis really dodged the bullet and had just left before things started hitting the fan. Which is good for her because she really freaked out the last time; I'm always messing with her head about it. I feel bad for Adele, though, she wasn't there yesterday so I didn't get to reassure her. Harmony said she was really scared. Kiernan was supposed to be there, but she had a sick cat or something feeble like that. I'm sure she would have enjoyed it though. Heather was one of the associates who had to keep the store running; she called me as soon as she got off cause she saw that poor Harvey was still sitting in the parking lot all by himself.

Harvey got his reward, though, I cleaned all the junk out of him today so he's all tidy. I spent the rest of today getting a 100 on my chem lab quiz, yay me, and sending emails to professors explaining why I missed Wednesday. It will be after spring break before I get everything sorted out, though. As far as work goes, I suppose my timing was good as to which manager was there, and I just revealed which half of the leadership team wouldn't want to be there for the fun. After I said I wouldn't. Oops. I love 'em all anyway!

4 Comments:

At 3/04/2005 12:47:00 AM, Blogger D said...

Nettie is so sweet!!! slurp...

You're invited to my 21st birthday party, Honey!

you take care of yourself till then! :P

 
At 3/04/2005 12:47:00 AM, Blogger D said...

Nettie is so sweet!!! slurp...

You're invited to my 21st birthday party, Honey!

you take care of yourself till then! :P

 
At 3/04/2005 02:24:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Thanks for linking me Nettie, that's very sweet.
Also your pics, very cool.
Hope you're feeling better - don't be embarrassed, these things happen. It's just a relief that you're ok.
xxxxxxxx

 
At 3/04/2005 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I'm terrified of epi-pens. We had a student at the day-care I used to work at who had one, and I was always terrified that I'd have to use it on him. It looked so painful! We went through a training on how to use it. I get creeped out about stuff like that.

Anyway, sorry you had to go through all of that! I used to think that it would be an interesting experience to be hauled away in an ambulance, but not anymore...

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home