Friday, February 25, 2005



Winter Jam

My lungs are frozen (I forgot my scarf) and my ears are still ringing. Today I took a break from the stimulating pattern of eat-study-work-blog and went to a concert. Winter Jam to be exact, which is a tour of various Christian bands hosted by NewSong (their song "Arise My Love" is the best!) As always, it was an adventure. I walked, since it was only a few blocks down from where I park my car anyway. A woman stopped me on the way and asked me for directions, which I happily gave. After she drove off, I realized I told her to go down a street that's been blocked off for two months. Whoops. I hope she managed to find it.

One of the cool things about Winter Jam is that it's only $10, and no tickets are required. I raided my kitty bank (literally) and got there just before they started. Thus, I witnessed something amazing- an arena full of people searching for the best seats who all stopped in their tracks to pray. It was incredibly moving. The opening acts, Matthew West, Rachel Lampa, and Building 429, were all pretty good, very enthusiastic. I'm partial to Newsong, so I enjoyed their set. They tend to put the harder bands at the end, last year it was Audio Adrenaline. This year's Tobymac and Tait, some of the members of dc Talk, were a little too headbanging and loud for my taste, but it's good that they are targeting their message to people who like that kind of music. The best part of the night, probably, was when they made an altar call. We just stood there and watched all the people file by who made a commitment to Christ- over 400 of them. This from the 2nd biggest turnout they'd had all winter. The whole thing was just incredible.

5 Comments:

At 2/26/2005 08:42:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Best Christian concert I ever attended: Russ Taff, probably around 1988, '89. In his pretty hard-rockin' days after going it solo from the Imperials.

Man, now THAT guy has a set of pipes. If I could be 1/10th the singer he is, I'd be a superstar!!!

 
At 7/21/2006 10:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I love all the free black adult movie. I will definately be back again... and again and again.

 
At 12/04/2006 03:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 12/29/2006 08:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for such a wonderful site i see that you created it going the whole hog!!
- www.blogger.com r
spaghetti alla carbonara

 
At 12/31/2006 03:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are too little good sites. Your site is the best. Thank you for the chance to sign your guest book.
- nellsharvey.blogspot.com s
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home