Friday, February 18, 2005



Don't Sit Next To The Sick Kid

I don't know what brilliant beaurocrat thinks it's a swell-o-matic idea to paint the science buildings while classes are going on, but it's really annoying. I don't know where it was today, but I could smell it and it was making me really sick. I went on to chemistry, though, and sat in the back coughing, sniffling, the whole bit (I have a cold as well, so my breathing was already screwed up). If you come in late, you have to come in the back, and usually people just sit there if it's vacant. One person sat down next to me, looked at me, and got up and moved to another seat after about 2 minutes. The second one barely sat down and popped back up again. I felt like such a leper.

I really need to quit it with the York Peppermint Patties. I'm on my second bag already. I did manage to get something somewhat useful on my Wal-Mart trip- the new Crest Vanilla Mint toothpaste. It's OK, maybe not up to Emeril's standards, though. I was looking at the box today, and it had a scratch-and-sniff sticker on it. I haven't seen one of those things in years, and on a tube of toothpaste, yet.

I know you are all dying to know what's up with the plethora of deleted anonymous comments on the previous post. They weren't good reading material, I'll put it at that, and got way out of hand, so I trashed them. For now, you can't comment anonymously on here, if I figure out another way to keep those kinds of comments out, I'll restore that capability, cause after all I want everyone who might find this to be able to comment.

I'm currently watching a History Channel special on Iwo Jima. It's the 60th anniversary of it this week. It's sad to think that a lot of the eyewitnesses and participants to World War II are no longer here; I guess that's why it's important for them to record their memories now. My grandfather fought in the Pacific and has never liked to talk about it. But in recent years he has made an effort to, and I love to hear all that he has to say, because it was such an experience, I guess is the word, and the memories should not be lost. Gone but not forgotten.

7 Comments:

At 2/18/2005 09:27:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Thanks for the reassurance and hope you like my blog!

 
At 2/18/2005 09:34:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Honestly? I have no idea, a friend of mine set it up for me!

 
At 2/18/2005 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Yay, happy face!

 
At 2/19/2005 04:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those people yestterday were very weird...... and nettie r u there??

 
At 2/19/2005 06:47:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Yuck, I get sick quite easily from smells and motion. I am a queezy girl.

 
At 2/19/2005 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Amigo said...

I understand the feeling on hearing your grandfather tell of his service in WWII. I always try to get my parents to tell of their past and that of their relatives. I want to be able to know about the past.

 
At 2/20/2005 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Robert said...

The scrolling comments at the bottom of the window are in the source for you HTML page. Anyone wanting it in their page can click "View|Source" from their browser, scroll all the way to the bottom and copy from the open <script language="JavaScript"> to the close </script> tags. Anyone wanting the code can cut and paste it into their template. Then, there's a section where you can edit your edit your messages. Once you've pasted it in your template, search for typ[0]. The lines look like
typ[0]="Oops! My socks don't match..."

Change the text between the " ". Make sure the quotes stay.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home