Friday, February 11, 2005



She Thinks Her Kids Are All Swell-o-matic

For the past few days, I have had an overwhelming urge to say "swell-o-matic." Why is this? There is an episode of Rugrats that attempts to teach kids not to use bad words. Anyway, the word of the week is supposed to be "swell-o-matic," but Angelica overhears a bad word and thinks that's the word of the week instead. I haven't seen the Rugrats in forever, and I'm not really sure why this particular episode is looping through my head, but it isn't very swell-o-matic.

I know I'm usually pretty irreverent and silly on here, but tonight I'm finding it a bit hard. I won't bore you with the details, but there is something in my life that is driving me absolutely nuts right now. And it's something that I can't really change, although I am doing what I can to make it better. I always come out OK in the end, I have faith in this. I guess I'm just having an off day today...But do stay tuned, I'll bounce back. Y'all stay swell-o-matic, I know I'm trying.

10 Comments:

At 2/11/2005 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Never saw that episode. For a cartoon that covered swearing, SpongeBob had a good one. SpongeBob sees some grafitti with a word he doesn't know. His buddy Patrick says it's one of those spicy words adults use in conversation. Every time they use the word, a dolphin noise is heard. Eventually they learn not to say it along with a dozen others.

Sorry, I shouldn't have rambled on about a cartoon. I will pray for you to get through whatever it is that's driving you nuts.

I wonder what swear word sounds like swell-o-matic?

 
At 2/11/2005 01:16:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Thanks, aAmigo, for praying for me, I really appreciate that. And I don't mind you rambling about the cartoon- it made me laugh. I like SpongeBob too! As for what sounds like swell-o-matic, I don't know, they did the car horn/scream/noise kind of thing on the Rugrats episode too. Thanks for cheering me up a bit!

 
At 2/11/2005 03:28:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

You're definately swell-o-matic. I;m sorry you're having a bad day, hopefully whatvere it is botherin you, you'll start feeling better soon! Keep your chin up :) xx

 
At 2/11/2005 09:27:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Thanks for posting even when your not feeling too swell yourself. I will pray for you today. If you need to vent, drop me an email.

 
At 2/11/2005 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Hope u get well soon, dun brood on it. Smile gal.

 
At 2/11/2005 02:33:00 PM, Blogger D said...

always ups and downs in life. God made it this way, so you learn how to appreciate the Good Days!! :)
and i dont mind being linked to you if you havent add me yet!

Happy Chinese New Year to you!

 
At 2/11/2005 05:22:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I saw your photo up in blog world. Glad you put it up today, it looks great. It would be nice on your home page too.

 
At 2/11/2005 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Pusher said...

See I enjoyed when south park did their learning not to swear episode. Showing how taboo swearing is. And I am evil, so that helped a little. Now Nettie, I would tell you things to bring you up but people like me like people that are sorrier than them.

 
At 2/11/2005 08:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swell-O-Matic? That sounds like something The Simpson's Ned Flanders would say.

It does have a nice ring to it.

 
At 2/12/2005 02:53:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Thanks, all of y'all, for your inane comments. It's what I kinda needed.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home