Wednesday, February 16, 2005



Allow Myself to Introduce Myself

I'm getting that old feeling again. That need chocolate feeling. I think my body is trying to tell me something. Perhaps along the lines of, "Hey Nettie! We, your body parts, decided you don't eat enough junk food as it is. As such, we order you to consume even more sugar and caffeine for some real fun! And as for that fruit craving? We have NO idea where that came from." In an attempt to shut my body up, I purchased: chocolate daredevil pudding, chocolate chip waffles, York peppermint patties, yogurt with Reese's Pieces, and two kinds of chocolate chip cookies. This is why I should not go to Wal-Mart when I'm hungry.

I am not a self-concious person, and this trait serves me well. Such as when I insisted to my friend Meka that I was OK and wanted to go to the meeting. Now if I were a self-concious person, I would have been horrendously embarassing when I broke down in Meka's arms after someone said the word "cancer." But instead, I proceeded to un-self-conciously lose it in front of everyone. Thank goodness for that trait of mine.

I just can't be serious, can I? Maybe that's a good thing. Actually, I started another blog which kind of has the purpose of being serious. And also has a few pictures, if you are into that sort of thing. I'm too tired to figure out how to link it right now, it's under my profile, and it's all new, at least to y'all. All New and Improved! OK, I need to stop, I'm getting way too corny. And Darlene and Paula, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families. Love y'all!

12 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 02:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to read you scratched your chocolate itch. Enjoy that whole thing.

What's with this new blog? Give me a hotlink.

 
At 2/17/2005 04:33:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

I'm with you on the not being self-concsious thing. I used to be scared of everything, then woke up one day and said "screw it." And now I'm much happier because I don't care what anybody thinks. Most of the time anyway. Glad you feel the same.

 
At 2/17/2005 04:35:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/17/2005 03:58:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/17/2005 04:09:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I am sorry, I posted with your name accidentally. I forgot to sign off! I did that to Cindy yesterday too.

Anyways it was me that said...

I'm a little fatter than I was three days ago. Valentine's chocolates have gotten the best of me.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

 
At 2/17/2005 04:13:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I thought that was you, Darlene! For the rest of y'all, she's the one who redid my template- isn't it gorgeous?

 
At 2/17/2005 04:59:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I guess you watched "Austin Powers", didn't you?

Keep searching for the humor, sis. God made it, so it must be worthy of our attention.

 
At 2/17/2005 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Oh, and Darlene: that just means there's more of you to love!!!

 
At 2/17/2005 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You're right Jeff, "a moment on the lips, love handles on the hips."

Is that G rated? We'll let Nettie decide.

Don't you just love the little girl at the bottom of the comment page? I do.

 
At 2/17/2005 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

You know, Darlene, I do like the girl at the bottom of the page.

And I noticed the socks...

 
At 2/17/2005 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I'm not opposed to a little PG now and then. Especially if it's funny.

 
At 2/17/2005 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

BTW, the posts deleted were duplicates. Nobody has broken The
Rule. Yet.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home