Saturday, February 19, 2005



It's Funny. Isn't It?

Last night I was searching online for the Rubber Ducky song to use for my voicemail. I changed my mind and went with Popeye instead. So now anyone who calls me and wants to leave a message gets treated to "I'm Popeye the Sailor Man...." I find this vastly amusing. During my search, I came across a sound clip from some ancient Alka-Seltzer commercial with a funny little voice singing, "Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is!" I find this hilarious as well. At least I'm easily entertained.

I suppose you could call my day at work interesting. We recently got a full line of makeup, before we only had lip glosses and stuff, so we've all been playing with it. I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup- concealer, foundation, lip gloss, and pink eyeshadow. Maybe mascara if I have time. Everyone is always saying they want to make me over, so today I let them do it. Meka said they must have been really bored by the looks of me, but everyone said it looked good. Not like me though. Kathleen kept asking me if I was uncomfortable with it, but I just thought it was funny. I'll post pictures when I finish up the roll.

The managers have been passing around the same bug for weeks- first Jen, then Harmony, now Kathleen. Poor Kathleen, I think she felt really horrible today and was barely talking by the end of the night. Of course, she couldn't help it that somehow both sets of keys that let us open the garbage compactors somehow got lost. We had to leave these big piles of trash and cardboard in the back because they were nowhere to be found. Hopefully they will turn up soon or else we will soon have a BIG mess on our hands....

6 Comments:

At 2/20/2005 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I remember those Alka Seltzer commercials, thank you.

Yes, I'm ancient by your standards: 44 (45 on March 21).

 
At 2/20/2005 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Hopefully they amused you as much as they did me?

 
At 2/20/2005 08:46:00 AM, Blogger Blair said...

Love the new design and the comments/lyrics too.

 
At 2/20/2005 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You look great without make-up, but the pictures will be fun, I can't wait to see them. I remember the alka seltzer jingle very well, I can hear it in my head right now.

I hope you find the keys!

 
At 7/27/2006 10:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my country music duet lyrics site.
Have a good day!

 
At 8/10/2006 05:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my golden oldies site.
Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home