Monday, February 21, 2005



Slow Day All Around

I need to quit it with the York Peppermint Patties, or I'm going to need to actually take the Alka-Seltzer instead of just singing about it. Of course I could always sing Darlene's version. Hopefully Kiernan didn't get scared off, she's been dying to see what I'm always talking about. And when I finally manage to get the pictures of Anna's handiwork on me up, her official opinion is that I should never do that again. Duly noted.

Grief sucks. And so do rainy days. Correction, stormy days with lightning crashing every few feet as I'm trying desperately to get back to my dorm in one piece. At least neither the electricity nor the cable(which would include the Internet) went out. After all, what would I do if I wasn't able to watch "A Haunting in Georgia"? Which is this really melodramatic story about a real-life Sixth Sense- type kid. Supposedly. (It was a slow TV night, obviously.) Normally, I watch The Nanny and the Golden Girls on Lifetime at 11, but on Mondays they show "How Clean Is Your House?" It's a really disgusting show with people who have pigeon droppings in their air conditioners. And worse. Let's just say I prefer the flashy girl from Flushing...

4 Comments:

At 2/22/2005 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Nettie I love the new look of your blog. It's fabulous!

I agree about "How clean is your house?" What an awful show. I realise that people have a morbid fascination with reality TV/disgusting creatures, but seriously. When they pull cottony-mouldy 5-month old steaks from the back of people's fridges and kill cockroaches under their microwaves, I really want to lose my lunch.

Bring on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy anyday!

 
At 2/22/2005 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Apparently we're all sharing bad weather.

Reality shows are getting a little tiresome, there are so many of them. But still, no "Queer Eye". How about "Straight Plan for the Gay Man"?

 
At 2/22/2005 03:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Golden Girls are still on at 1300? I used to take lunch at that time to catch them during my break. That was 12 years ago.

I thought that Rue Callahan was hot. I used to have uncomfortable conversations with myself about wether I'd sleep with her.

 
At 2/22/2005 08:15:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Trash garners higher ratings--so now, they are showing the actual stuff. Geeze.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home