Monday, February 28, 2005



Some People Will Do It Anywhere

Sleep, that is. (Now get your minds out of the gutter.) There is this guy who sits outside my chem class every day, just hanging out. I assume he has time to kill between classes, and for some reason he chooses to do so on the floor in the basement instead of sitting on some of the semi-comfy chairs they have a couple of floors up. He must have had a rough weekend, because today he was stretched out out on the cold floor asleep. Headphones on, nothing to pillow his head, not a care in the world. I don't understand how people can do this- at least the second and third people I saw doing this today had the benefit of a bench. What if someone was to come up and steal their stuff- or worse? Insert imagination here...

It's not like I have great sleeping habits, though. I can't sleep without the television on. I don't think it's a good thing that I have trained my brain to do this, but I can't stand silence. I don't even really watch it, since I can't see it without my contacts, just listen to it. A lot of times I'll leave it on the History Channel- they have some interesting stuff on at 3 A.M. Another quirk is that I can't sleep dirty. Seriously. If I haven't showered I will keep waking up and can't stay asleep until I do. I have no idea where I acquired THIS peculiarity....

I'm getting the makeover pictures developed tomorrow. I promise. I had to use up the rest of the roll. But in the meantime, here's some new stuff to tide you over...

21 Comments:

At 3/01/2005 12:51:00 AM, Blogger KEF said...

I guess I'll be waiting for your makeover :)

 
At 3/01/2005 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

I agree, gotta go to bed clean.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:04:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

OK, Blogger is being really freaky here. First it makes comments disappear, then it keeps duplicating them...

 
At 3/01/2005 01:08:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Sorry Nettie. Stupid Blogger kept not posting my comment then did it like 6 times.

 
At 3/01/2005 01:26:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

I figured that's what it was doing. I don't know what is up with it- a lot of people's comments are disappearing, now this, hopefully they will clear it up.

 
At 3/01/2005 04:25:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

I can also sleep just about anywhere....except when I'm at an airport. I hate it when you have to sit in transit for like 567 hours and you cant park off anywhere to sleep, because a) they'll set dogs on you b) someone will steal your stuff c)every single chair has a horrible metal armrest surrounding it.

Can't wait to see your make over pics x

 
At 3/01/2005 08:41:00 AM, Blogger D said...

so tired in Bangkok, i continue sleeping, even though i know my mouth was hanging open.... Oooops.

 
At 3/01/2005 09:26:00 AM, Blogger Roonie said...

Guilty as charged! I am one of those people who can fall asleep anywhere, I confess. I will sleep in this area in the library where the walls are glass, so everyone can peer in at you sleeping...I don't care. I will sleep in the middle of a party, with everyone around talking and being loud. I've even fallen asleep in the middle of, ahem (in the interest of keeping it PG), having pleasures performed in a southern region. Yup. I'm a sleeper, whenever I feel the need.

 
At 3/01/2005 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

I, too, don't understand the sleeping habits of some people. Especially around college campuses.

 
At 3/01/2005 02:56:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I have a hard time sleeping, but if there is a lot of noise around I can relax more and I sometimes sleep in theaters or at concerts.

 
At 3/01/2005 04:21:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

I have to have a pillow. :)

 
At 3/02/2005 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

I am a fan addict...as a matter of fact, my whole family is too. My sister just went to the hospital to have her baby and the nurse thought she was crazy when she asked where she could plug in her fan...no fan = no sleep.

 
At 3/02/2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Yeah, blogger's been a bugger lately for me, too ;)
Sleep: pillow not necessary for me :) I can sleep anywhere and at any time, but I choose not to... safety, you gotta be safe!! But one thing is for sure, if a movie is on, no matter what time it is, I'm going to fall asleep at some point during the movie...

Darlene,
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who can fall asleep in a movie theater :) My hubby thinks it's rather funny ;)

 
At 3/02/2005 03:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! You caught me. I thought for half a sec that this was an R-rated post, from Nettie!

 
At 3/02/2005 03:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! I ALWAYS fall asleep to the TV. I must. And I MUST feel clean.

 
At 3/02/2005 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

nice new look, nettie!
sorry I haven't written been busy!
It's adventure girl...
you know, from www.http//:andreasgarden.blogspot.com ? well come check me out again!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home