Monday, March 14, 2005



I Just Can't Stay Away

*Judging by the comments, you guys really missed me. Awww. I missed y'all too, and I am happy to be back.

*I missed Bath and Body Works too. Apparently they can survive without me, although of course they had this to keep them company. Kiernan showed it to Harmony, and her first words to me were, "I saw your website. You really are a psycho." Well, yes, Harmony, but I didn't think you needed a website to show you that. Kathleen said to me, "You're just a little crazy, aren't you, Nettie?" Yep, and I'm happy that way. I brought the Chicago soundtrack in and we were all listening to it in the back. After I finished wailing out, "And All That Jazz," Trent was just standing there laughing. I was like, "Why are you laughing?" and she said, "Cause you're good!" I went," Aww, thanks. I'm also not self concious." "Well, we knew that."

*Thunder-snow is an interesting phenomenon that I encountered. It starts as a normal thunderstorm, but soon you realize, "Wait a minute, that doesn't sound like rain." The snow is falling and it looks so beautiful, but of course it doesn't stick. AS it begins to melt and the sun is peeking out....ice. Falling from the trees, the skies, everywhere- "Don't get hit in the head by falling ice." Sound advice, not that it will ever happen here.

*I drove through this college slash historical town that I've been to a few times before. The most memorable was last year with my friend Meka on our way to pick up her obnoxious friend Brandon. I passed by the same gas station where they wouldn't let her use the bathroom. As we were filling up , I tried to distract her but she's going, "Stop it! Stop making me laugh, you're making it hurt worse!" After we drove around the stupid one way streets for a few more hours, we finally found his dorm. At least he took her in to use the bathroom, and now she brags about the time She Held Her Bladder For Seven Hours.

*I went to this adorable little BBW in Virginia. They carried all our same stuff, but they were about half our size. I'm going, "I want to work here! Y'all don't have nearly the space to mop!" I was tallking to them- "I love my job. It's a bunch of insane people just like me." "Yep, that's us here too." Plus you have an really cute store.

*I got some kick-butt jeans at Old Navy. They're really dark and they are long enough to still brush the top of my shoes when I wear my platforms. Normally I have a hard time finding jeans but my grandmother fixed them so they fit in the back too. I also got some new socks, and a T-shirt that says, "Love is like a merry-go-round. If you stay on too long you throw up." I find this vastly amusing.

*My room was pretty bereft of food. I got apples, pears, milk and water, thank you very much. "(All right, I also got more Chocolate Lucky Charms...) Not that the guy checking me out minded. And I mean checking out. He was just standing there while I was in line, and he goes, "I can take you over here", staring at me the whole time. Oh well, at least I got out of there faster, right?

7 Comments:

At 3/14/2005 03:32:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

So great to see you're back! I've missed your posts!
And buying new jeans can leave you on a high for weeks. Nice one!
And welcome back xx

 
At 3/14/2005 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Nettie, I am glad you had fun and 'all that jazz'.

We probably missed you about as much as the Walmart guy is missing you right now, and that's a heck of a lot!

 
At 3/14/2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Glad you're back. Tried the chocolate lucky charms, pretty good taste but what a workout for the pancreas.

 
At 3/14/2005 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

Yes welcome back.You can't leave not with the new look and all.

 
At 3/14/2005 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Nettie, oh Nettie.

Meka will find her bladder control to be a useful skill as the years advance.

I heard thunder during a snowstorm about a couple of weeks ago. Crazy stuff.

Checked out in the checkout line. Did the guy look anything like Darlene's shoe stalker?

And about that whole love/merry-go-round thing...I guess it means something that I haven't thrown up in a LOOOOOONG time.

 
At 5/29/2006 06:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn phone sex com from the experience of others and I like hearing differnet phone sex com points of view. phone sex com

 
At 7/21/2006 09:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bay area professional carpet cleaners site.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home