Monday, March 21, 2005



More Ranting

Oy, what a weekend. I kept busy journeying to my sister's baby shower, going to the zoo with my premed group, and getting my butt kicked by organic chemistry. Mostly getting my butt kicked. I was studying last night and intended to post after the House of Reps finished meeting, but I ended up falling asleep at 10:30. Yikes.

Let me know what y'all think of the new format. I've always had it as 1 post on the main page, but I thought it might be easier to have a couple so people can catch up. I don't know if I like it yet, I'm used to a more streamlined look. Plus if I have several posts on the page, I might be inspired to write more than once a day. And then the blogging addiction might really take hold. We'll see.

All right, what's the judge waiting for? I am referring to Judge James Whitmore (a Clinton nominee- anyone surprised?) who, after Congress put forth an extraordinary effort to save Terri, is not going to put forth a ruling yet. The bill was passed (and a shout-out to my Congressmen, Joe Wilson and Gresham Barrett, who were in Washington to vote yes!), President Bush has signed it, and the hearing has been held. How much time does he think he has? He's commiting political suicide if he doesn't say something. I will be constantly checking the news alerts until this cowardly man decides, and I will pray that it will be the right decision. Because I still believe in miracles.

4 Comments:

At 3/21/2005 07:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Nettie. Terry will live. Too many good fulks are on her side!

The politics are getting interesting. An issue like this shows everybody what are leaders are made of.

 
At 3/21/2005 09:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like having more than one post on your blog. It is nice to be able to catch up. Since you're a woman you can always change your mind. I believe in miracles too!

 
At 3/21/2005 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

Now we just need you to get holscan and we will be in business.Sorry I am spoiled.Blogger took Forever.What would this world be like without miracles?

 
At 3/22/2005 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

I didn't know Whitmore was a Clinton appointment. Figures, the guy couldn't care if Terri dies. We need to let him go without food and water for 4+ days. Maybe he'd be more sympatico in the future.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home