Friday, March 18, 2005



I Believe in Miracles

I'm rarely serious on this blog, but there is something that deserves all of our attention and prayers. Today they removed Terri Schiavo's feeding tube. This case has been characterized as "a right to die", however, Terri is capable of responding to her mother and other conscious behavior. I won't try to reiterate many of the arguments that have been made (see the links I've added). I will simply state that I am hoping with all my heart that Terri will not be murdered.

Pray. Pray with all you have in you that in the time she still has, something will happen in the courts or in the legislature to keep Terri alive. I believe in the power of prayer, and I am praying that evil will be beaten here, that the callous people who seek her death (namely her husband, his lawyer, and a certain Judge Greer) will not succeed. Because if they do, I shudder to think of the fatal consequences- not only for Terri, but for the future of the right to life, in this country and around the world. So I ask you, do you believe in miracles? I do. And I will be praying for one until it happens.

12 Comments:

At 3/18/2005 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

I am not familiar with the story but it sounds horrible. I will pray and hopefully with a mairacle things will get better.

 
At 3/19/2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I'm sick to my heart over this.

 
At 3/19/2005 12:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.trumanorth.blogspot.com


I'm not quite as gentle about this issue as you are. These murderous bums need to be arrested and tried for murder. Check it out at link above (as well as other moderately unintelligible content).

 
At 3/19/2005 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Michael said...

It's sad how I can let news stories like this just fly by me.

I don't even think sometimes.

Thanks for posting about this.

 
At 3/19/2005 02:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hope she doesn't suffer... either way.

 
At 3/19/2005 06:55:00 PM, Blogger KEF said...

Hmmm I'm not sure how does this works.

UK made illegal that kinda way of ending life.

Let's just see how US work it out.

 
At 3/19/2005 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

That's just inhumane and sick. A lethal injection would be kinder. It's Saturday night now and this was posted Friday, so I can only imagine the terror she is feeling. I will pray and I do believe in miracles.

 
At 3/19/2005 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Amigo said...

I wish around a couple of thousand pro-lifes would just go in there and rescue that girl. Take her to another state and hope Florida is unable to extradite her back to that monster of a husband.

 
At 3/20/2005 10:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone that the manner in which she's been determined to "pass away" is sick and inhumane. However, following the story for almost a year now, I do believe that Terri Schiavo would choose not to live under such circumstances. That certainly doesn't warrant her slow dehydration and starvation... but I must admit that I do sense some form of twisted justice, here.

 
At 3/20/2005 08:43:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I will pray,I'm so sad after reading that log.It makes my heart ache all over.
Bye,
Adventure girl

 
At 3/21/2005 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said...

I am with you on this one...

 
At 3/21/2005 07:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words Nell. Nothing is impossible for God.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home