Tuesday, March 15, 2005



My Name Is Nettie and I Have a Fabulous New Haircut

People are always telling me to do something with my hair. So I did. I cut it all off, ten-plus inches. But I didn't stop there. I also got....layers. Yes I, of the roll-to-class-in-my-PJ's school, have layers. And I love it. Seriously, it's ridiculous how happy this makes me. I was walking around grinning in mirrors all day. I thought I would feel ambivalent about losing the length I've been working on for a year and a half, but I feel like Xena Warrior Princess or something. I wanna go kick some butt!

Kathleen does the best double takes. When I walked into work, the only person up front was someone I hadn't met (I took pity on her and didn't make her do the customer spiel). I was goping to the back and Kat was at the cash register not really paying attention. Then she looked up again and her mouth just dropped open. I said, "You like?" and she's going, "Ooh, I like, I like! Where'd you get it done? Lemme see the back!," ruffling her fingers through my hair, "Go show Harmony!" She was almost as excited as I was. I really have the best job in the world.

I think maybe I need to get haircuts more often, cause I was just in the best mood all day. I hadn't had one since the last time I donated my hair. I have it short and framing my face in the front, and then it's sort of graduated towards the back and the ends are feathery. I was going for Mariska Hargitay's hair in the sixth season of Law & Order: SVU, and it turned out soooo well. It's so perfect and cute and I love it, I love it, I love it!

12 Comments:

At 3/15/2005 02:40:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Sounds lovely! I love getting a new haircut, you feel like a completely new person. Also sounds like a nice style. You go girl x

 
At 3/15/2005 07:56:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Pictures please! Glad you are feeling uplifted. I love a little pampering every now and then, what a treat. Nothing like a new hair cut to make you feel like a million bucks.

 
At 3/15/2005 08:16:00 AM, Blogger shauna marie said...

I know exactly what you mean with the whole wanna go run the world with your new hair cut kind of thing: Except I've been growing my hair out since, well, my first year of Bible School: and I love long hair: and now I cry when I have to get it cut: well...only when they cut my hair and I don't like it. ANYWAYS...yes: do a picture!!

 
At 3/15/2005 09:08:00 AM, Blogger Guy Hutchinson said...

Sounds SMASHING! Now when people say "Did you get a haircut?" you can say "No, I got them all cut." Then you can laugh and laugh.

 
At 3/15/2005 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3/15/2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

I'll try to get pictures up, but it might be a while since I just started the roll. Grrr. I need a digital camera.

 
At 3/15/2005 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Aren't new hair cut's great? I just got several inches cut off of mine and had more "choppy" layers added....it's refreshing, isn't it! Just like everyone else.... can't wait to see the pictures!

 
At 3/15/2005 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Pictures. Must have pictures.

Our Nettie, with short hair.

I get my hair cut so short, I should probably just save myself the $14.95 and shave my head.

 
At 3/15/2005 01:48:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I can't wait to see pictures, I loved the last one you posted, in which you had your makeover.
I think I have decided not to cut my hair after all, I am waiting for a while longer.

 
At 3/15/2005 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Cori said...

I keep trying to post and it finally let me.Whew!! I was really dying to tell you that I am so excited about the new dew...Post pics as soon as you can!!

 
At 3/15/2005 07:42:00 PM, Blogger Blair said...

estay tan celosa...
I have not had a haircut since before I got put on bed rest and by default) before squink was born! I can't wait to see pictures!

 
At 3/21/2005 05:47:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ohhhh...you're provoking me to go and do something with my hair...I love that "new hairdo" feeling and rush...I haven't felt that in soooooooo long...you go girl!!!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home