Saturday, June 04, 2005



Three, Not Five, Times Seven

From Emily, cause I'm a sucker for memes.
*3 names I go by: To most, I am Nettie. Nellie is an acceptable variation. My manager Kathleen calls me Nettie Boo-Boo (and yes, she is the only one allowed to call me that).
*3 physical things I like about myself: I like my hair a lot. I can eat anything and not gain weight. I enjoy being tall, especially when I'm around people shorter than me.
*3 physical things I dislike about myself: My lousy vision. My big feet- it's hard to find cute shoes. And my face when it breaks out.
*3 parts of my heritage: Well, I'm indirectly descended from Thomas Jefferson. Other than that, I think it's an even mix of Cherokee and English.
*3 things I am wearing right now: My Animal pajama pants. A T-shirt from some long-ago retreat. And my glasses that are broken and put together with tape like Harry Potter's.
*3 favorite bands / musical artists: If I had to pick three, Amy Grant, definitely. And probably Point of Grace and Natalie Merchant.
*3 favorite songs: If you exclude ones from the artists above for variety, Arise My Love, Newsong. I think that is the most powerful song. Then Over It, Anneliese Van Der Pol, and Place in This World, Michael W. Smith.
*3 things I want in a relationship: A cold, wet, nose, is housebroken, and the ability to sit and stay (now get your minds out of the gutter, you KNOW what I mean).
*3 physical things about the preferred sex that appeal to me: Uh, well, God created man, and He created woman, and without both life couldn't continue. There, that's three.
*3 of my favorite hobbies: Blogging, reading while I watch TV, and annoying my friends.
*3 things I want to do really badly right now: Watch the Sound of Music ( I will when I go to bed) and eat, yet again. I really want to post my one-year blog celebration, but that can't go up til the 5th.
*3 things that scare me: Cops, wasps- any stinging insect really, and the thought of Austin hurting.
*3 of my everyday essentials: Computer, television, and Coke.
*3 careers you have considered or are considering: Medicine or physical therapy, psychology, and journalism or writing.
*3 places you want to go on vacation: The Mutter Museum- yeah I'm grotesque. I've never been to Great Britain, and I want to go somewhere in Central or South America, someplace with a lot of jungle.
*3 kids’ names you like: Fiona Diana- Fiona for the character from So Weird, not Shrek, Diana for Princess Diana. Bianca Jane- Jane for my grandmother, and then she could be B.J. if she wants to. And Kevin Ian- I like Ian, and Kevin so my children will know how much he meant to me.
*3 things you want to do before you die: Learn to speak Spanish fluently. Before I turned eighteen, it was to vote, so I've already accomplished that- of course I intend to do it repeatedly. And I'd love to get published in some form.
*3 ways I am stereotypically a boy: I like snakes, I am perpetually hyper, and I can't cook.
*3 ways I am stereotypically a girl: I love fragrant body products (obviously). I suffer from the inabiilty to shut up, and I have no upper body strength. Or lower, for that matter. (Don't hit me, guys, they're stereotypes).
*3 celeb crushes: Luke Skywalker, Elliot Stabler from SVU, and, all right, Josh Hartnett.
*3 people who are up next: Becca- so you're off the hook for the last few. And since it's the weekend and traffic's low, anyone who this intriuges. Do come back as soon as it hits the 5th, though, cause I'll have The Extravaganza up.

9 Comments:

At 6/04/2005 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

You like snakes? I'm utterly terrified of them. It's a fear passed down from my mother. No particular reason, I just freak out at the mere sight of one. My blood pressure goes up, heart starts pounding, I start sweating and hyperventilating if some kid starts waving around a RUBBER snake. Totally serious. I think I'd literally pass out if someone put a snake on me. Ick. I'm glad YOU enjoy them, though. I would love to be rid of this irrational fear. However, I found a verse in Genesis when God is condemning "the serpent," and he says, "I shall put enmity between you and the woman." Therefore, I have a bibilical basis for my "enmity" of all things serpent-esque. :)

 
At 6/04/2005 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Oh, also, you'd get a kick out of standing next to me because I'm very very short. I'm just over 5'1''. (these precious few fractions-of-an-inch really DO matter!) Want to know why? Because being OVER 5'1" means that I am TOO TALL for something. (and NOT the playplace at McDonald's. There's something else.) I am TOO TALL to get hired to be Mickey Mouse at Disney World. My Mom used to work at Disney and she WAS Mickey Mouse. I am just over the maximum height to be Mickey. That fact makes me extremely proud. *grin*

 
At 6/04/2005 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

oh fine then.

:)

 
At 6/04/2005 05:54:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I really want to call you Nettie Boo-Boo, can I? Please?

 
At 6/04/2005 08:32:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

I like Fiona as a name...

 
At 6/04/2005 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I could poke fun towards Jeff in regards to the "housebroken" comment, but I'll leave that one alone. I like Natalie and Amy too.

 
At 9/19/2006 02:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://kuylzrco.com/hqbh/zzrc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ftnwkipl.com/cphf/idxz.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 9/19/2006 02:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 9/19/2006 02:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://kuylzrco.com/hqbh/zzrc.html | http://ddjzpkyn.com/lnld/vntl.html

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home