Monday, July 04, 2005



Symbols of America


Sea of Green
Originally uploaded by Mistress Tootie Belle.

Today I am not a southerner, or a conservative, or even a maverick. Today I am an American.

229 years ago, there were English and native and French and German and mongrels. But today, they are Americans.

Today, I don't think about the problems and crises of my country. Today I am an American.

Today I choose to celeberate all that is good and wondrous about my country. Today I thank God for all the privileges and rights I have, just by being born and living here. Today I reflect on all the people I've met and the things I've created. Because I am an American.

Today is not about barbecues or fireworks or a day off. It's not about who hates us or who likes us or who doesn't care. It's about being grateful for the millions who fought to give us a chance, to those who gave up their lives to ensure ours. It's about patriotism. For I, I am an American.

Happy birthday, America. I love you.

8 Comments:

At 7/04/2005 03:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really beautiful.

God bless you!

Alice

 
At 7/04/2005 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I commented last night, and it's gone today, oooohoooohoooo ooooo. Spooky.

Embrace the day patriotic Tootie.

 
At 7/04/2005 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

It's actually a different post. I had trouble with the picture.

 
At 7/04/2005 04:30:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Did you know the picture still isn't showing up? It's very dark. Last night I took it into photoshop to lighten and look at it.

 
At 7/04/2005 10:09:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Excellent post Nettie, says it all! Happy 4th July from Australia!

GBYAY and God Bless America!

 
At 7/05/2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I just read your side bar. I love "And I am not afraid of clowns!" That is hillarious.

 
At 7/05/2005 02:05:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I hope we all reflected on what it is to be an American. We all need to be grateful for our many blessings and know that we have it pretty darn good living in this free country.

 
At 2/05/2006 11:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

feng shui designs ...Have you ever asked yourself...Why do I feel crappy, sad, disorganized and just palin out of control. How can I fix myself without spending a fortune. I meet people allthe time that wonder why I am Happy and Have a Successful Life... Have You ever heard of using " feng shui designs "..If you truly seek a life of complete wellness then try using feng shui. Learn from the Masters..

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home