Friday, June 24, 2005



A New Sensation

For some reason, I had a bit of trouble sleeping the other night, so I went to channel surfing. In the seeds of the wee hours of the morning, a new addiction went into play. An addiction that really started a couple months ago, when my friend Meka and I would watch it together in the dorm. An addiction best satisfied by the original British version shown on Comedy Central, but the American one with Drew Carey on ABC Family will do. Yes, it's Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Maybe it's because it doesn't make much sense. They do improv skits; I especially like the ones that are newscasts with bizarre characters, or the hoedowns. Maybe it reminds me of my Odyssey of the Mind days. Kind of a Brainiac Olympic thing for kids, OM includes a "spontaneous" element, where they say things like "bear" and you have to go around responding with things like "arms", "Kodiak", "Coke", etc. You have to think on your feet. Of course, the reason I like it might have nothing to do with random pleasant memories. Maybe it's the simple fact that at three in the morning, everything is funny.

8 Comments:

At 6/25/2005 02:51:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Like you, my wife and I really enjoy watching "Whose Line". Both the English and American versions are good, but I tip my hat to Drew and his friends.

 
At 6/25/2005 09:11:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Yeah, it's pretty funny.

Now, for me, at 3 AM, practically nothing is funny any more...

 
At 6/25/2005 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Becca said...

gotta love Whose Line...


and OM... I remember OM... goooood times.

 
At 6/25/2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Bart Treuren said...

Hi Nettie,

Nice blog and interesting way of looking at things in general :D

Clowns are cool, they're probably more human and less inhibited than the rest of us when you look at them long enough...

Cheers,
Bart

 
At 6/25/2005 08:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i watched that show years ago, it was great. when my husband stays up late to watch tv, he is usually watching the shopping network. there was a time when i use to take the visa to bed with me, hubby's not so bad anymore.

 
At 6/25/2005 08:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, sorry nettie, aka janie q!

 
At 6/25/2005 09:39:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Anything goes at 3 am, and it's probably the funniest thing around at that time.

 
At 6/27/2005 02:33:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Hubby and I LOVE that show! His favorite game is "scenes from a hat" and my favorite one is the one where Ryan and Colin are trying to sell CD sets of "songs of the __________________(audience suggestion," and then Wayne has to make up the songs that they come up with on the fly. It's great!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home