Friday, July 08, 2005



What the Voices in My Head Tell Me

"Oooh, look, a Golden Girls DVD!" That's it. No more Wal-Mart for you. It doesn't make a difference if it's cheaper than the supermarkets if you come out of there with two bags of junk food and a Golden Girls DVD!

I think I also forgot how much hard work physical therapy is. That, and you haven't been to the gym in, oh, a year. Six months. Oh, please, it's been a year. But at least I didn't almost fall on my face today. All right, I'll give you that one.

Man, I love Christmas music- this must be the reason for the phrase "Christmas in July." On this night, on this night, on this Merry Christmas night...

Great. I managed to drop a folded table on myself. Nice bruises coming up there. So the left leg wasn't enough, had to do the left arm too. Youse gonna be one hurting cowpoke!

Hey. Where's my paycheck? When are you going to set up get direct deposit already? You're always losing them. Chill out, I left it at work. Yeah, yeah, yeah...

I'm going to see Austin tomorrow! Going to see Austin tomorrow!

9 Comments:

At 7/08/2005 06:13:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Nice to see both you and your voices will be visiting Jammy.

Drive safe, ya hear? And stop dropping things on yourself.

 
At 7/08/2005 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Rebel_Posse1973 said...

Be more careful :)

-S

 
At 7/08/2005 07:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always try and slip a christmas song into every disc i burn, i love that little surprise you get when you least expect it, you should see the look on someone's face when it just comes on!
hope you enjoy your weekend and your visit with austin.

 
At 7/08/2005 08:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, do be careful!

I love to listen to George Winston's Carol of the Bells in summer. It cools me down.

:) Alice

 
At 7/08/2005 09:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I dont know if im commenting on what?

-aleecia (I dont wanna log in im scared.... or i just dont thats why im annonumos today!)

 
At 7/08/2005 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

The voices in your head are friendlier than mine. All I ever hear is, "They all must die!"

 
At 7/08/2005 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Have fun when you see little Austin.

 
At 7/08/2005 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

While working in psychiatry, dealing with chronic psychotic patients who heard voices, I developed a theory of how best to treat them. Since their voices almost always are telling them bad thing {"kill yourself", "kill the dog next door", "kill anybody next door", "don't take your medicine", etc.), and since nothing ever really makes the voices go completely away, we should instead focus on reprogramming the voices. To send positive messages to the patient.

"Take your medicine; it'll be OK, I won't leave you."

"Get a job."

"Pay taxes."

"Slip an extra $50 to Jeff, he really needs it."

OOPS, that last one was supposed to be edited out of the project syllabus.

 
At 7/09/2005 01:32:00 AM, Blogger mrsd said...

Lol, Jeff.

Nettie, have a good weekend. Exercise while you're away. :)

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home