Friday, July 22, 2005



Tidbits

"So all I have to do is come here twice a week for the rest of my life and I'll be set?" "Yep, that'll do it. But come on, don't you like us here?" "Course I do, why do you think I insisted on coming back to you?" If I'm going to be working my butt off in physical therapy, I want to do it with someone I trust. I worked with Karen over a year the last go-round, not counting the time she was on maternity leave, so it didn't take long to fall back into a comfortable pattern. "Yeah, we might need to work on your posture there." "You've already taught me how to walk right again, don't expect too much!"

It just helps when it's a good environment- "OK, this is officially the most random radio station"- with cool people. There's this one exercise where I'm basically sitting up and down, only I have to hold on to something, so on Wednesday Karen stood on a stool- "Don't send me flying across the room!" for me to balance. Only today she made the PT aide do it. "OK, what do I have to do?" "She just has to stand there while I hold on, right?" "Oh. OK." "I'm just taking a breather, don't move yet. OK, now I'm done." "I have such an important job!" "Yes, Albena. Your job is very important."

Then it was on to my job and more inventory. "And if we make our day you get a prize!" Jen is not above bribery. "Who's getting out their credit cards?" I always rationalize that it was stuff I would have bought anyway. Of course I would have. For some reason, Rafeal decided to play "Let's Guess Nettie's Middle Name". I love that game, it makes me feel powerful. "Hey Jen, what's Nettie's middle name?" "I don't know!" "See, cheaters never win!" The only reason anyone would even know my real first name is cause it's on my paychecks. Heh heh. I do love to win.

So that was my day, fascinating, I know. But how bout a lesson to go with it? I'm just glad that the situations in my life that could be miserable- going through the knee exercises, working- don't have to be because of the awesome people that I get to interact with. Now if I could just quit playing Superman, I'd be good...

11 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like you had a full day! Just thought I'd pop in and see your blog. I enjoyed it and will bookmark it and come back!

 
At 7/23/2005 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Playing Batman is more fun anyway.

 
At 7/23/2005 02:58:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Therapy sounds like tough work, I wouldn't want to go through all that. Take care batgirl!

 
At 7/23/2005 09:29:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

How about Wonder Woman? I always liked her suit and I bet you could fit into it.Physio is rough going, hang in there. I been down that road with me and my daughter. Maybe you will have superhuman strength and snap back to "normal" in no time!

 
At 7/23/2005 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

If you're not going to be needing that cape any more...

 
At 7/23/2005 03:27:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Middle names:
Nicole
Hope
Dawn

Right? Or Wrong? :)

 
At 7/23/2005 03:29:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Batgirl says: Nope.

 
At 7/23/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger Beast7 said...

Thought I heard somewhere your middle name was "Boo-Boo."

 
At 7/23/2005 07:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't your middle name belle?

 
At 7/23/2005 07:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, and in keeping with your christmas in july theme, i bought my first christmas present today! see, i'm supporting your cause.

 
At 7/23/2005 09:07:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Nettie,
I saw your comment on Darlene's site and so I thought I'd be cute, (thinking that you lived in Canada) and say well it's not cool where I live. But then I found your site and found out you are more south than me!! Hello to my neighbor one State below.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home