Monday, August 22, 2005



This Is The Meme That Never Ends

Y'all know the one- the interview game. You leave a comment asking to be interviewed, then the original interviewee comes up with five questions for you, and you pass it on. And if there's anyone in the circle who hasn't played this, or who's just really narcissistic and thinks they need to be interviewed again, please feel free. Today, the very cool Laurian, from Peas on Toast, interviews moi.

1) Who do YOU think killed JFK? Lee Harvey Oswald. Although I am not a student of history, I've seen a few Discovery Channel specials on the assassination, and I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest a conspiracy.

2) What was the last thing that exploded in your microwave? Well, I have two options for my answer: I can tell of what I exploded all over the kitchen, or I could tell my sister Melissa's exploding-in-the-microwave story. Since hers is funnier, and not at my expense...To be fair, it was a long time ago, and she does know how to cook now, but Melissa learned the hard way that you don't put an unopened can of Spaghetti-O's in the microwave. On high.

3)Who are the four people that you make the most phonecalls to? (maybe on speed dial, etc) Work is definitely number one, since we have certain shifts, called on-calls, where we're supposed to call in on the chance that they might need me. And since I'm a good little BBW associate, I always check. After that, probably my friend Alisha, my sister Janna, and my voicemail, cause I always call people back.

4)Why is your car called Harvey? He told me his name was Harvey, and I listened. Cause when Harvey talks, you listen.

5)Where is the most exotic place you've ever been to? It could be right down the road, it could be in South America... Never been to South America, although I'd love to. But as far as exotic goes, for scenery, I'd pick Austria. It was sooo beautiful there- the mountains, the views from the castles, but of course my classmates were just happy I got to go on the Sound of Music tour so I'd finally shut up about it. As far as culture, probably Italy. Naturally the Vatican is a whole other world, but Italia- the gelatto, the singing on street corners, the graffiti, the gelatto....I love Europe. If for no other reason than it is exotic.

15 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I'd have figure Georgia as exotic.

And I can finally admit--I shot JFK.

 
At 8/22/2005 09:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice job on the answers, love how she threw in some different questions. i've only been to london in europe, but i loved it, i'd go back in a heartbeat if i could

 
At 8/23/2005 01:08:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Did the microwave survive the explosion? An unopened can of Spaghetti-O's, Oh my Gosh! What about your sister, Did she survive?

I remember once when I put an unopened can of brown gravey in the oven and forgot about it. It was on low, but my daughter had just walked past the kitchen when I heard a loud BOOM! I ran back into the kitchen and saw the blast pattern. Brown gravey was all over the wall opposite the stove. The oven door lay half way off the right side of the oven. In other words, I blew the oven door off. Man, what a mess. My daughter was alway leary of walking past the kitchen after that. I can laugh at it now, but back then I was horrified. Boy, did you bring back memories.

 
At 8/23/2005 03:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once thought I'd boil and egg in the microwave...

la la laaaa...paaaaf!

uh oh.

:) Alice

 
At 8/23/2005 04:17:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Nettie, I loved your answers! Stunning stuff, and thanks for answering them!
I think JFK was shot by the three gunmen on the grassy knoll. I really do. But then, I'm a conspiracy fan. xx

 
At 8/23/2005 09:05:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

I was not on the grassy knoll...

 
At 8/23/2005 01:16:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

Nice answers. I can't wait to see Austria one day. How very Sound of Music.

 
At 8/23/2005 02:56:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Maybe it's just me, but should you really put a 'can' of anything in the microwave??? lol! Not too long ago my boss decided to nuke her chicken pot pie in the microwave and leave the building for some reason.... forgetting that it was in an aluminum pie pan... I walked in to see people looking at "all the pretty colors"... until I made them stop it... I wasn't safety officer at my last job for nothin', you know ;)

 
At 8/23/2005 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Rebekah's condition has worsened today. Please pray. And visit her site for more info.

 
At 8/23/2005 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Beast7 said...

When she was about six or seven, my (brilliant physics teacher) daughter put a pop-tart in the microwave, and beep-beeped it. Suddenly flames and sparks shot around behind the glass door. I rushed over and turned it off and flung open the door after the flames died down, to find a piece of foil wrapper encrusted on the surface of the pop tart. She said, "I took most of it off..."

Jeffro, now we know why the reddish brown fro-hairs were found on the grassy knoll. Would have been a tough shot, seeing as how you were only three at the time...

 
At 8/23/2005 03:40:00 PM, Blogger Beast7 said...

Reminds me of when I went to Austria. I was going around asking about roo's and crocs, and telling the waitresses to "throw another shrimp on the barbee.." They all looked at me like I was insane...

 
At 8/23/2005 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Gordo (Beast): I've always been a d***ed good shot.

 
At 8/23/2005 07:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummmm, anyway, i kind of tagged you at my place, so, you've got another one to do!

 
At 2/08/2006 11:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are a number of reasons for choosing natural pet foods, treats and supplies, first, use of natural consistent with a holistic view.
Link to this site: pet auto travel
http://pet-faq.info/

 
At 2/22/2006 03:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing so easy to learn as experience sex phone line and nothing so hard to apply. Thanks for sharing your views. sex phone line

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home