Monday, August 08, 2005



Yessss

Well, I discovered life outside of blogging. And I didn't like it very much. There was so much I wanted to share with y'all. Things that I was excited about, like the Golden Palace and Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper, and the everyday life that makes me cranky, like stupid people at work, and maybe I would have actually gotten serious. But after consultations with my hairdresser's computer guy and the nice people at Office Max, I'm back with a new setup (spent more than I wanted to, but if it keeps working, it'll be worth it). Cause boy, did I miss you all!



I did manage to find a life outside of blogging, though. Actually, it was my sister Janna's life, but whatever. Saturday, she graduated from college with a double degree in International Studies and Womens' Studies. And yes, I was all choked up at the beginning, when they were singing the national anthem and I was thinking, "My big sister's finally graduating!" But then the commencement speaker started, this really boring dude who droned on and on about exercise and the twelve steps for living a healthy life. I spent the rest of the time making snarky comments to my grandmother, who was hissing at me to be quiet while she tried to stop laughing. At least it was a summer graduation; a regular one would have been much longer. Probably would have had a better guest speaker though. Austin spent most of the time being wheeled around and around the coliseum by his dad, but they all made it back in time to hear Janna's name, undoubtedly a big moment in his three-month-old life. I'll try to get more pictures up, but for now, I'm sure you'll be happy enough to know you can stop amusing yourselves in the old comments, eh?

20 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

What on earth makes you think we were amused by anything in those comments?

Welcome back, Kotter!!!

 
At 8/08/2005 08:42:00 PM, Blogger Marla Bean said...

I miss you, Nettie! What sort of new set-up, that you spent too much money on, did you get?

 
At 8/08/2005 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

A BLOGGER HAS COME HOME!!! Bless the hairdresser's computer guy!

I was seriously worried today that you were pulling a Darlene and leaving us to find new friends. It's a scary world out there. I mean take thinksink for instance, that guys got some real issues, man. I heard he was banned from some blog site when you were gone and last month we was tangling with the lesbians. Don't scare me like that again.

You need a word bubble on that photo that reads, "What the heck are you handing that diploma to me for, I'm not dealing with that for at least 18 years."

 
At 8/09/2005 01:15:00 AM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Your sister is really cute and so is her little guy. What does she plan to do now that she has a degree?

We are taking our computer in tomorrow. It seems to be running really slow right now. I hope we don't have a virus.

 
At 8/09/2005 05:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, I missed you too!

You are always so inspiring.

:)

Alice

 
At 8/09/2005 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Beast7 said...

Good to have you back, Nettie.

Anytimne I start taking things too seriously, I know I can pop over here and get re-centered (or would that be de-centered?).

 
At 8/09/2005 10:24:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Is the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper that good? We had some sort of office meeting the other day and I snagged a can and put it in the fridge for later.

 
At 8/09/2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Well, you know, if you hadn't left us all alone we wouldn't HAVE to amuse ourselves... that's why we come here, so you can amuse US! LOL!
Glad you're back!!!

 
At 8/09/2005 04:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to see you're back, that's a great pic!

 
At 8/09/2005 08:13:00 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Welcome back.

What does someone with with a double degree in International Studies and Womens' Studies do with it all?

I have a double degree in psychology and sociology and have never figured out what to do with them.

 
At 8/09/2005 08:29:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Beautiful people. :) Glad you're back!

 
At 8/09/2005 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Joe, you could go into business telling all the social workers how screwed up they are.

Just a thought...

 
At 8/09/2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger D said...

welcome back!!!!!

wanna hear more about your jobs! :)

 
At 8/10/2005 01:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sister graduated in Womens' Studies?

I could have saved her 4 years:

1) Men are scum
2) You're a victim
3) Exact revenge through the courts

That's the entire curriculum.

 
At 8/10/2005 04:52:00 AM, Blogger Vijay said...

Hey, long time no see .. so big sis graduated eh ? hmm .. I can empathize with u on speeches .. phew .. some speakers are born to bore :P

Anyways, nice to see Austin, :)

Welcome back ma'am !!

 
At 8/10/2005 01:37:00 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

I spent a little time reading your blog today. You seem to have some very nice friends.

I thought I'd just leave a little note thanking you before I moved on.

 
At 8/10/2005 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

OK, it's been more than 48 hours. Get back to posting, already!!!

 
At 8/10/2005 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

It seems Nettie has slowed down these days. Everything just feels a little slooooowwwwwerrrr.

 
At 8/11/2005 12:45:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

All right, you asked for it...

 
At 8/11/2005 09:46:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Jeff & Darlene: Bloggers' Metamucil--We Get Nettie Going!!!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home