Wednesday, September 21, 2005



Hey, I'm Having Fun

Hmmm, shall I show you what I did today? Or should I be cruel like Darlene and drag it out? It's not that dramatic, really. But there are lots of other things I could talk about. I could talk about how I got lost on the way there, since they have half the streets blocked off downtown. But more because I halfway forgot how to get there and which street you had to park from and hair guy Keith had to call and guide me in like a homing pigeon. Or the particularly humiliating story of how I flipped a particular U-turn and then noticed the cop coming up the street behind me. After that I saw cops every street I went on; I swear it was the same one following me. Probably laughing at me.

Or I could talk about my day at work. I thought I was going to be late but I wasn't really. I am so proud of Limited Brands, they've instituted a matching program for employees to donate for the hurricane relief. My colleagues kept talking to me for a little bit and then double-taking, "Did you dye your hair?" Plus Tammy told me at the end of my four hours manhandling boxes that I did a "Good job today, Nettie, a great job."

Are you still reading this? I'm very good at talking about nothing. Everyone tells me I never shut up. Maybe you should just scroll down and look at the picture. But then, maybe there isn't one. Maybe it is just a cruel joke and I'm making you hunt for it. Why do you want to see my hair, anyway? It's subtle. It's not blaringly red, it just looks darker until you catch the right light. And I just got a little off, really. It had grown, obviously, but it's just above my shoulders now. If I describe it enough, will that satisfy you? OK, OK, I know it won't. You're going, "Shut up, Nettie, and show us the picture already." I am getting tired of writing like this; I feel like I'm slipping into Austin's voice. So here you go. Now tell me how cute I am.

15 Comments:

At 9/21/2005 07:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the do! It fits you will and looks like it will be easy to maintain.

 
At 9/21/2005 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

well not will

 
At 9/21/2005 08:58:00 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

its ok stacy we all mix up aour vouwelz frim time too tyme. Nettie you look terrific, the liberals are quaking in there left leaning boots, go get them girl. Nice hair! Killer instinct Priceless combination.

oh and I am frightening.

 
At 9/21/2005 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

I like it! You look cute!

Did you dye your hair?? If you did dye it red, then I would wonder if it had anything to do with Jeff's comment about being attracted to women with red hair (he made it abundantly clear he didn't mean Howdy Doody, didn't he?). Geez, I better go now before I get in trouble. . .

 
At 9/21/2005 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Me likey.

 
At 9/22/2005 03:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look awesome!

:)

Alice

On one of my cross country solo VFR flights, I got totally lost. I was flying from Honolulu to Lihue, Kauai. For some dumb reason, I set the throttle way too low and was at a much lower cruising speed than normal.

So, 10 mins after I should have seen the island...nothing. Next stop, Japan.

"Honolulu Center, please point out the island of Kauai. I'm lost!"

 
At 9/22/2005 10:01:00 AM, Blogger rhein said...

you are very cute!

 
At 9/22/2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

You look great!!

 
At 9/22/2005 10:40:00 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Ahh hair. I had hair once.

 
At 9/22/2005 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

The hair looks good and nice smile. Similar to a a Mona Lisa smile.

 
At 9/22/2005 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

You are Precious!! (sincerely)

I am like you today, as you said.....not much to talk about but I have a picture you might find hilarious!! (LOL)

 
At 9/22/2005 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

With me it's an extreme case of typewriter lysdexia.

I, too, remember hair. Vaguely.

 
At 9/22/2005 02:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
did you get it layered at the back, i can't tell. it looks like it's not layered from the front, but i can't tell from the back.

 
At 9/22/2005 03:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair looks great, Nettie.

 
At 9/22/2005 06:56:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Hey, I know a blogger who loves red heads! Oh, I had to say it.

The hair is great, it's so stylish and I like the simple lines. It's really you. Remember the cut when you run for president.

Oh, and another thing ~ it would make a great profile picture.

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home