Thursday, April 14, 2005



April 14th is the Best!

She doesn't like Peach Fanta
But that's OK, raspberry will do.
She likes a guy named Bubba
and hey, I like him too.
She has a wonderful guy
and four wonderful kids,
and when she wants to blog,
of them she gets rids.
And they don't like to wear
days-of-the-week underwear.
She keeps trying to quit,
but keeps getting drawn back in.
Hopefully now she knows
this is where she'll fit.
She introduced me to all
the kooky people I've found
and now I know when I'm down
she'll always be around.
She's twice my age,
makes MORE than twice my wage,
but when I get old and gray,
I'll always remember the last
of my teenage months
spent in her repast.

OK, the rhyme scheme was totally screwed up on that, but it was from the heart! Happy mutual birthday my dearest Darlene!

8 Comments:

At 4/14/2005 01:05:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Screwed rhymes or no, we always know it's from your heart.

Good thing you're going into medicine, though...

Bubba...how could you bring up Bubba on a happy day like today?

 
At 4/14/2005 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

What exactly does that mean, Weezie? And Bubba is always there...you will never get away...

 
At 4/14/2005 03:11:00 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Ahh, thanks that was so sweet. A poem for little OLD me?

 
At 4/14/2005 04:03:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Hey I thought you never made yours rhyme!

*giggles*

have a good one

 
At 4/14/2005 06:48:00 PM, Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

People born in April rawk! Happy B-day, ladies. Hope you have many more.

 
At 4/14/2005 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

hoppy birthday! hope it bounced well all day!

 
At 4/15/2005 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Swanepoel said...

Happy birthday! Buy some cute socks for yourself. :)

 
At 4/15/2005 05:15:00 PM, Blogger Jesster said...

Love it! Happy happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home