Friday, April 08, 2005



It's Sad

I looked in my cart at Wal-Mart today and realized it had nothing healthy in it whatsoever. What's sadder is I decided to count my Scooby-Doo popsicles "made with real milk" and went on to the line. I ate two already and they were good. I didn't get to eat either of my two boxes of candy that the checkout lady forgot to include until after I'd already swiped my card. I may be a sweet freak, but I was not about to use my bank card to buy 2 bucks worth of candy cause "it already went through and if you want them you'll have to buy them separately." Urgh. And she told me to "have a nice day". I'm sorry, but it's not a nice day when you don't let me have my candy.

I think Earl (the winning name for my mocking-whatever) might be really stupid. We had this horrendous thunderstorm earlier this evening. But I could still hear him out there, still singing his little heart out, trying to drown out the thunder, I suppose. Perhaps I should make this clear: I am not a country girl, I much prefer my TV and computer to the "sounds of nature," and it's probably a good thing Earl and I will be parting company in a few weeks. OK, be honest: That whole thing sounded just slightly ridiculous, didn't it? That's what happens when I don't get my candy!

7 Comments:

At 4/09/2005 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You are on a nasty sugar low. I feel sorry for the birds tonight. Did you ever stop to think that the birds just like you, and that they tell their other bird friends how they love to hang out at your place and serenade you, and that they think that maybe you like them too?

And did you ever stop to think that if Earl ever reads your blog his feathers might get ruffled and it might damage him for life.

Noooooooooooo you were too busy thinking about your caaaaandy weren't you? Every morning, you just stuff your face with chocolaty goodness while Earl is busy writing a song for you that you don't even appreciate.

 
At 4/09/2005 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Amigo said...

Earl just wants his bird-woman counterpart and he wants one bad.

Maybe he shows what a great catch that he is by trying to drown out the sound of the thunder.

It's interesting that God had to tell people to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth." The animals are much more obedient towards God in this respect.

 
At 4/09/2005 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Becca said...

THATS SO TERRIBLE! I would've like done something drastic if that walmart lady didnt let ME Have MY candy...

If it makes you feel any better, I have your interview completed! <3

And why dont you name the owl Demetrius? That's just a cool name.

~Becca

 
At 4/09/2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Ack, you've already picked a winner in the "Name the Confused, Annoying Birds" contest?

Well, should you ever get any, name them Thistle Whistlethwaite and Hortense Hootimer, OK?

Candy...let's see what I've got...

 
At 4/09/2005 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

I thought you already submitted your entries. Sorry. Now Where's my candy?

 
At 4/09/2005 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

It's not your birthday yet...and besides, I've been shopping at WalMart too much lately.

 
At 4/09/2005 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Becca said...

now its time for YOUR interview!!!!!!!!! *jumps off walls*

1. Did you have any other cars that you've named other than Harvey?

2. Do you own any stripedy knee socks that I wish I had? (If so... *growls with envy*)heehee

3. Pixar or DreamWorks?

4. Kellog or Post?

5. Got any siblings?


THERE WE GO! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home