Tuesday, April 05, 2005



Crash into Me

My interview with Johnny Crash:

1. Has Harvey ever flirted with another car? If so, who and what were the conditions? A: Not that I know of, but of course I don't know what he's doing in the mall parking lot when I leave him there for hours at a stretch. After all, I don't want him to be lonely.

2. You can bring one person back to life for a day to go shopping with them. Who is it and where will you go? A: I'd have to say my great-grandmother. I know now she was on a fixed income, but she always delighted in sending us the regular check. She was very small, about 5 feet even, but she had impeccable taste. I'd want to go shopping for clothes with her, and she could help me pick out something better than PJ's, and delight in how much I've changed in almost ten years. And we'd have to stop by Bath and Body Works so I could show my friends how cool she is/was.

3. You can transport Harvey and yourself to any location on the planet for a vacation. You have one week to enjoy the scenery and you have 1,000 dollars spending money. Where do you go?
A: Ooh, tough question. Since this is fantasy, I'd have to say Israel. It's not terribly safe right now- maybe not ever- but it would be so cool to see the Holy Land. I want to see the history of the place, where Judaism and Christianity meet, where a people fought so hard to get their own land, and where, of course, the greatest miracles of all time happened.I hope someday I can really go there.

4. What is the most amusing bumper sticker you have ever seen and why? A: Actually, I saw one yesterday that really touched me. It was for a Down's Syndrome Coalitition and it said, "My grandkid has more chromosomes than yours." But the most amusing ones I've seen recently are the ones for John Kerry. Those are really funny.

5.Upon organizing your closet you can't help but notice a real E.T. in there hiding out. Your first words? What would your next move be? A: Well, I'd probably scream first (there's a reason why my friends don't let me watch horror movies) But then I'd go, "Well, you obviously like my closet, why don't you finish cleaning it out? And if you keep my room clean I won't report you to the feds, how's that for a deal?"

7 Comments:

At 4/05/2005 06:26:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

"But the most amusing ones I've seen recently are the ones for John Kerry. Those are really funny."

You had me at Kerry...you had me at Kerry".

I wish it was legal to remove other people's bumperstickers. I'd have a full time job here in "Blue Louisville".

 
At 4/05/2005 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

They inspired a somwehat different feeling before the election, i.e., "It's not bad to smash into someone's rear end if you disagree with their bumper stickers, right?"

 
At 4/05/2005 07:32:00 PM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Given your "secret embarrassing moment", I'd think you'd avoid car collisions with a religious fervor.

 
At 4/05/2005 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Blair said...

My five questions are waiting for you on my blog... I apologize for the huge dealy in getting them to you!

 
At 4/06/2005 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Nettie said...

Thanks, Maurice, that means a lot.

 
At 7/20/2006 05:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog I found to be very interesting!
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I have a bay area professional carpet cleaning
site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7/20/2006 06:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my bay area professional carpet cleaners site.
Good luck!

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home