Sunday, March 27, 2005



The List

And now I present to you random thoughts that have NOTHING to do with each other. Or anything really. It's kind of what my brain is like. If this frightens you, please stop now before anyone gets hurt.
*Happy Easter! It rained here. All day.
*Why is it when I go to Food Lion for milk and cheese, I wind up with 30 bucks of other stuff and no cheese?
*Harvey smells funky even though I just cleaned him out last week. I think he needs a BBW AutoFresh system. Perhaps in mango mandarin.
*I hate Bradford pear trees. They smell foul, they help kick my allergies into high gear, and they shed all over the place. So why are they EVERYWHERE?
*I have an entire Barbie commercial from the '90s memorized. Surely my brain can hold something more useful.
*Today I wore blue socks with multicolored bunnies on them and I used Black Raspberry Vanilla.
*I like gummy octopi. Anybody remember "Wanna eat an octopus?" No? Just me, then.
*I will be twenty in eighteen days. I asked Kathleen if this meant I had to stop acting like a stupid teenager. She said yeah and I said fat chance.

11 Comments:

At 3/27/2005 11:40:00 PM, Blogger D said...

hahaha. Nettie!! thats how the female brain works... i think. random thoughts just come into my mind at times, and i would end up smiling to myself on public transport!
Anyway, wishing you an early Happy 20th Birthday!!! May you stay pretty and carefree!

 
At 3/28/2005 01:00:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

Congrats on the upcoming "entry into adulthood". :-)

For what it's worth, my first random thought in response to yours was "The cheese stands alone". So maybe you should never buy cheese when buying anything else. Make a day long shopping expedition of it: cheese everywhere, all the time. But no Cheeze Whiz--that crap'll kill ya.

 
At 3/28/2005 01:09:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

I'll never grow up :)

 
At 3/28/2005 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Do you know that you are exactly half my age to the day? I still act like I teenager, so don't worry about it.

I have found in my life that certain people are ageless, my 75 year old father being one of them, as are you. Not only will you be a 'teenager' all your life, but along the way, you will blend with the oldies. It's just a sign of a good balance.

 
At 3/28/2005 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Nettie said...

Whoops! Thank you Cindy, my socks certainly don't suck!

 
At 3/28/2005 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Jeff H said...

My favorite quote on the issue of aging and age-appropriate behavior (OK, I'm the one who said it, but I can quote myself, can't I?):

"Being an adult is not the opposite of being a child."

 
At 3/28/2005 01:37:00 PM, Blogger mrsd said...

Nettie,
As long as that Barbie commercial doesn't start playing backwards in your head, all is well. ;)

 
At 3/29/2005 01:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 years-old? Any grey hairs yet?

I know what you mean about the Barbie Commercial. I have a commercial memorized from before you were born.

Monchichi Monchichi...
Oh, so soft and cuddle-y
With her thumb in her mout she's really neat...
funy to wiggle his little feet.
Monchichi, monchichi
Happy, happy Monchichi

A "Monchichi" was a little eskimo doll.

 
At 3/29/2005 06:15:00 AM, Blogger Peas on Toast said...

Hi Nettie!
Well Im back and hating the reality of it right now. Hope you had a fantastic Easter, filled with chocolate and love xx

 
At 3/29/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger shauna marie said...

hey chicky!! 20 years old? For some reason I kept thinking that you were older than me!! HA!! It's a fun ride--enjoy it!!

ps...my back's not too bad--when I'm walking or laying down: but sitting kills!! I'll survive...have a great day!

 
At 6/27/2006 07:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Information's pretty thin stuff unless mixed with phone sex for woman experience. phone sex for woman

 

Post a Comment


Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult!

<< Home